Repellex Mole and Gopher repellent

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
eriocaulon
Grass Type: KBG(midnight/moonlight), TTTF (summerlawn), RSBG (Winterplex, SabreIII)
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Repellex Mole and Gopher repellent

Post by eriocaulon » November 6th, 2013, 10:57 am

http://repellex.com/shop/mole-and-gophe ... spray.html

I bought this stuff from Amazon... a little cheaper.

Have had great success with Victor Out-a-sight and Trapline mole traps in the last few years. However, this fall the soil is moist around the flower beds and also in the lawn. It is hard to get results in these conditions imho. Decided to try the Repellex repellent. In the past, I've spread Sweeney's mole repellent (granules) and sprayed castor oil mixed with water and surfactant, both with no positive results. After spraying the Repellex into my flower beds, I was pleasantly surprised that mole activity stopped. In fact, I haven't seen any new activity for a couple of weeks now. It has been slightly cooler though. Coincidence? I doubt it. In years past, I have seen mole activity all through the winter so long as the ground is not frozen.

Anyone else use this stuff? It has castor oil, cinnamon, garlic oil and white pepper in it.

jglongisland
Grass Type: KBG

Re: Repellex Mole and Gopher repellent

Post by jglongisland » November 6th, 2013, 10:55 pm

eriocaulon wrote:http://repellex.com/shop/mole-and-gophe ... spray.html

I bought this stuff from Amazon... a little cheaper.

Have had great success with Victor Out-a-sight and Trapline mole traps in the last few years. However, this fall the soil is moist around the flower beds and also in the lawn. It is hard to get results in these conditions imho. Decided to try the Repellex repellent. In the past, I've spread Sweeney's mole repellent (granules) and sprayed castor oil mixed with water and surfactant, both with no positive results. After spraying the Repellex into my flower beds, I was pleasantly surprised that mole activity stopped. In fact, I haven't seen any new activity for a couple of weeks now. It has been slightly cooler though. Coincidence? I doubt it. In years past, I have seen mole activity all through the winter so long as the ground is not frozen.

Anyone else use this stuff? It has castor oil, cinnamon, garlic oil and white pepper in it.
I use the systemic tablets with great success.

eriocaulon
Grass Type: KBG(midnight/moonlight), TTTF (summerlawn), RSBG (Winterplex, SabreIII)

Post by eriocaulon » November 7th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Thanks! I'll have to try that next spring. I thought that was only for deer eating plants but it lists "Deer, Rabbits, Moles, Voles, Gophers, Groundhogs, Feral Hogs, Dogs, and Cats"

jglongisland
Grass Type: KBG

Post by jglongisland » November 8th, 2013, 6:33 am

Just realized the "guy" behind Repellex had a falling out with them and is now selling his products under the Natura deer gone brand. deergone.com

Apparently there is a big difference in the systemic tablets and how they are formulated (I buy my tablets from deer gone each spring).

HamsterHuey
Grass Type: Everything under the sun

Post by HamsterHuey » November 11th, 2013, 1:59 pm

I'll try this. I am at my wits end at the moment. I have a dog who runs around and digs up the backyard so I can't use the phosphene based mole/vole poison pellets. I bought 2 sweeney's traps but they haven't caught a single vole.

Every day, the vole tunnels seem to extend deeper into my backyard. Any suggestions on a plan to battle them and get rid of them without endangering my dog's health?

eriocaulon

Post by eriocaulon » November 11th, 2013, 4:32 pm

For voles, you can use any number of mouse traps baited with peanut butter. I'm waiting for it to get a little colder as the peanut butter always seems to get eaten by slugs or other when it is warmer out. Once there is snow cover, there is no stopping the voles.

HamsterHuey

Post by HamsterHuey » November 11th, 2013, 5:46 pm

eriocaulon wrote:For voles, you can use any number of mouse traps baited with peanut butter. I'm waiting for it to get a little colder as the peanut butter always seems to get eaten by slugs or other when it is warmer out. Once there is snow cover, there is no stopping the voles.
What's your strategy for placement of the traps? I've tried placing them in one of the surface burrows but my soil is pretty sandy, so it is hard to do this without having the surface tunnel cave in.

eriocaulon

Post by eriocaulon » November 11th, 2013, 7:08 pm

HamsterHuey wrote:
eriocaulon wrote:For voles, you can use any number of mouse traps baited with peanut butter. I'm waiting for it to get a little colder as the peanut butter always seems to get eaten by slugs or other when it is warmer out. Once there is snow cover, there is no stopping the voles.
What's your strategy for placement of the traps? I've tried placing them in one of the surface burrows but my soil is pretty sandy, so it is hard to do this without having the surface tunnel cave in.
I usually put them in my flower beds. Along the edge of the foundation or if there's a hole, in front of that. They will find them.

HamsterHuey

Post by HamsterHuey » November 12th, 2013, 10:11 am

Thanks! So if I understand correctly, you just use the peanut butter on the trap and leave it on the soil surface by the foundation? I'll have to give this a shot real soon...already had some flurries last night and I would like to catch some of these little buggers before the heavy snow gets here!

eriocaulon

Post by eriocaulon » November 12th, 2013, 12:24 pm

HamsterHuey wrote:Thanks! So if I understand correctly, you just use the peanut butter on the trap and leave it on the soil surface by the foundation?
Yup.