Local Source for SOP and MAP !

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Local Source for SOP and MAP !

Post by oze » March 15th, 2016, 2:43 pm

I am thrilled to be able to say that I have finally found a local source for SOP and MAP, who is willing to deal with trivial amounts (50 pounds each) of each! They are a feed/farm supply location in Honeyville, Indiana--about an hour from here. And compared to what I paid for SOP last year, that alone is worth a drive in the country: $60 for 50 pounds last year, $25.55 here. The MAP is going to cost about $5 more than what I paid last year, but the convenience of one-stop shopping more than makes up for that!

I'm a happy man! :yahoo:

oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Local Source for SOP and MAP !

Post by oze » April 2nd, 2016, 3:20 pm

Just got back from what should have been a pleasant drive through Amish country to pick up 52 pounds each of SOP and MAP ($54 total--less than I paid for just SOP last year) in Honeyville, Indiana. *Should* have been pleasant, except for two things--the blinding snowfall made it difficult to enjoy the scenery; it also made the piles of Horseorganite that a major source of transportation in the area tends to leave on the road a bit slippery. I never thought that I'd be glad to have 104 pounds in the trunk of the Charger on April 2nd!

As I left this morning with beautiful sunny blue skies, I was thinking how much I was going to enjoying mowing on a cool day like this. The snow and now soggy back yard say. "NO". :(