Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
Kathy56
Grass Type: Rye grass
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Garden soil

Post by Kathy56 » February 10th, 2017, 2:59 am

Hello all,
The winter is over and I'm happy that I have maintained my lawn really well. Now I would like to plant vegetation in my backyard space. I have tried it once, but the vegetation was not healthy. I think that the soil in my backyard is not that good. I was thinking of getting nutrient rich soil from garden soil suppliers Toronto. Before taking a decision. I thought of asking help from you all here. Does anyone here know any technique to improve the nutrient content of the soil?? It will be a great help if you share your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Garden soil

Post by andy10917 » February 10th, 2017, 9:48 am

First of all, I would spend a moment and update my Profile, and change my location to "Toronto, Canada" or your Toronto-area town -- "Ca" will be interpreted as "California" wrongly here, and we've also noticed that "Canada" is a big place with many climates.

Secondly, "the winter is over" in the Toronto area? Really? I work in the Buffalo area south of you, and "over" is about the last words we are using in early/mid February. "End of Winter" evokes thoughts of late April and May for planting.

So, how large is this area that needs "nutrient rich soil"? And what makes you believe that the existing soil sucks? And what are you thinking of planting be stating "vegetation"?

The way to determine the structure and nutrient content of the soil is to have it tested. We will help you interpret the soil report for all soil reports that are done at Logan Labs (only). One of the big reasons that Logan Labs was selected is that they were set-up to assist out Canadian members to get the soil across the border easily.

This Soil Forum was set up with the premise that almost all soils can be improved significantly, and that soil replacement is unnecessary.