Greetings from a new member

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
pintail45
Grass Type: St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Greetings from a new member

Post by pintail45 » March 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Great site, I've been reading and learning for several weeks and finally decided to join the forums.

About me: I'm a thirty-something year old oil and gas professional (Landman) located in Houston, TX and maintain approximately 45k sqft of St Augustine grass for my family (3 lawns--mother, father, and beach house--I live in a townhouse and don't have any grass to speak of).

My interest in lawn care was spurred by the crazy weather we've had the past couple of years (drought, floods, and the arrival of Virginia Buttonweed) and the resulting havoc it played on our lawns. While researching VB on our local lawn care Guru's website (Randy Lemon), I starting reading his other articles on lawn care, fertilizer schedule, soil health, etc. Now I'm hooked :wave:

This spring, I finally decided to have soil tests done. I used a company called Soil Savvy, recommended by Allyn Hane, the Lawn Care Nut (youtube). I realize this format isn't supported by the forum and will be re-testing with Logan Labs this fall.

My goal isn't to have the greenest yard on the block (although that would be nice), but I would like to have a healthy, weed and disease-resistant lawn.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello. Keep up the great work :good:

Pennstater2005
Grass Type: 5 way PR back/Mix in the front
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Greetings from a new member

Post by Pennstater2005 » March 15th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Welcome to the forum!

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » March 15th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Welcome, Pin !!

bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Post by bpgreen » March 16th, 2017, 10:48 am

Welcome!