2nd soil test...

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
daimbert
Grass Type: Hogan Blend TTTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

2nd soil test...

Post by daimbert » May 4th, 2017, 2:03 pm

So I decided to help my neighbors, who are older, take care of their yard as they been so nice to my family. He is exactly the lot next to mine. He also has TTTF just like me but is dealing with quite a bit weeds... I am going to help him over seed in the August along with mine.

Numbers look very much the same as mine which is interesting.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: 2nd soil test...

Post by andy10917 » May 20th, 2017, 8:46 am

You're not the only one that understands that soil -- my Mom and Dad had a home in Bethpage after I moved out on my own. I know the soil, and the results are not surprising...

The Front and Back are similar, with the Front being a little ahead. Both are very sandy soils with nice OM numbers.

Apply calcitic lime (Encap/Mag-I-Cal/Solu-Cal) at the Heavy Rate on the bag, every 90 days. In the Back, mix in 2 lbs/K of Epsom Salts.

You have the unenviable job of locating Sulfate of Potash (SOP, 0-0-50). Apply it at 2 lbs/K monthly until September.

Your choice of Nitrogen sources, but Milorganite monthly in Summer and then the Fall Nitrogen Regimen would be a good program.

In the micro’s, it’s Boron and Manganese. Get Twenty Mule Team Laundry Soap (grocery) and Manganese Sulfate (Amazon/EBay), and apply each at three tablespoons/K every 60 days. Read the Micronutrient Application Guide for application specifics.