coreman's Soil Test 2017

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
coreman
Grass Type: Bermuda 419
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

coreman's Soil Test 2017

Post by coreman » May 12th, 2017, 11:43 am

I'm located in the DFW area (Wylie specifically). My lawn is about 2500 sqft. Each side portion is roughly 500 sqft. All areas get full sun with exception of minor regions in the front yard, which are directly under a couple of live oak trees.

I'd call my current lawn quality as decent but have found it extremely difficult to keep it green throughout the summer. I completed a leveling project last summer with pure sand and was fairly satisfied with the results although areas that were smooth then have returned to their bumpy state again this year. I'm not sure if that indicates anything with my soil. Overall, my soil is fairly soft and workable even in the hottest parts of summer. However, there are smaller/random areas that are hard as a rock and visibly showing soil cracking within 2 days of watering.

I've got Bermuda Tif 419 grass and always mow on the lowest mower setting. I irrigate once per week throughout the summer or as necessary (considering rain) to get at least 1" of water to all areas. I have noticed my lawn dries out extremely fast. I don't really have any weed issues to speak of.

My goal is the best/healthiest grass possible so I am willing and able to follow an advanced plan. I'd like a "best" approach. I would also be interested in a Nitrogen application recommendation as well. However, if it's reasonable to keep the N low and use the Iron in Milo for best greening then I'd prefer that to cut down on mowing. I've got about 25 bags in my shed waiting to be put down. If we could schedule in Milo applications with my plan that'd really be great.

Regarding my results, I failed to ask Logan Labs for the "Ammonium Acetate Extraction of Cations". Hopefully, the results I do have will be sufficient to work with.

Results from Logan Labs are here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VKgp ... sp=sharing