Soil Test for review

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
jrdbuck
Grass Type: tall fescue/bluegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Soil Test for review

Post by jrdbuck » May 30th, 2017, 10:07 am

Please review my soil results. The lawn is mostly Tall fescue I have been trying to add KBG. I am in Southern Ohio

Thank You

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Soil Test for review

Post by andy10917 » May 30th, 2017, 10:24 am

Make sure to enter a link for your test results into the Soil Test Interpretation Queue thread

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Soil Test for review

Post by andy10917 » June 11th, 2017, 9:43 am

That's a soil that's a little on the sandy side (just below a sandy loam), with a nice OM number. More organic matter could even move that soil into the Loam category, so do what you can there.

In the cations, there are small shortages across the board, but they're adding up and dropping the pH to 6.1. Potassium is the largest shortage. Unfortunately, that's the toughest product to find: Sulfate of Potash (SOP, 0-0-50). Apply it at 2 lbs/K monthly until September. See if you can locate the Pennington Fast-Acting Lime and apply that at 9 lbs/K every 90 days. If you can't find it, let me know what fast-acting limes you can find and we'll adapt.

Phosphorus and Iron are fine.

In the micro’s, it’s only Boron. Get Twenty Mule Team Laundry Soap from the grocery and apply it at three tablespoons/K every 60 days. Read the Micronutrient Application Guide for application specifics.