Justin's Soil Test Results 06/2017

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
justin_144
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Justin's Soil Test Results 06/2017

Post by justin_144 » June 27th, 2017, 8:12 pm

My lawn is primarily weeds and bare spots. Not sure if I need to overseed, aerate, or what the issue is. I have about 14,000 sqft of Bermuda grass in North Dallas, zone 8a. The sod was laid about 3 years ago. I have never aerated before. Don't know if it needs it. I laid some weed n feed and also sprayed some Bayer Weed Control for Southern Lawns with 2-4D, but nothing seems to be helping it. Here are some pics..

So I decided to do a soil test from local labs. Unfortunately, I found this forum after I completed the soil test, so I took the samples at 6" (ATY recommends 4") and I did not request "Ammonium Acetate extraction of cations." Not sure if it's worth it to go dig up some more dirt and pay another 25 bucks for a new test.. Anyways, here are the results.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Justin's Soil Test Results 06/2017

Post by andy10917 » July 8th, 2017, 7:03 am

Justin, that's just almost unreadable with the calcareous soil issue - the Calcium just obliterates everything else. That means that you'll need to re-run as an Ammonium Acetate test for ST6 to help. I'm sorry, but I can't deal with these results.