Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
detrotirocker99
Grass Type: Emerald Zoysia
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Chris's Soil Test - 2018

Post by detrotirocker99 » February 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Hello -

This is my third consecutive year of soil testing. My 2017 and 2016 recommendations are below, respectively.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21833&p=300830#p300830

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17385&p=298029#p298029

As a recap, I am located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of North Texas, and live in a single-family construction built in 2008. Lawn size is approximately 2,750 sq ft of Tifway 419 with clay soil. I upgraded to a Tru-Cut H20 last year, and after leveling with masonry sand last July, maintained a height of 1" or less for the remainder of the growing season. Lawn has been scalped/verticut/sprayed with Prodamine as of yesterday.

Depth of the sample was between 3 - 4" as requested. Logan Labs did NOT run my sample with the AA method as instructed, but have continued to insist that my results wouldn't show much difference if they did. Please let me know if I need to have them run it again. They will keep my sample until mid-March.

Last year, I used 14-14-14- fertilizer and will do the same this year if the plan calls for it. I also added Milorganite monthly, but staggered it with the fertilizer (fertilizer on the 1st of the month, Milo on the 15th). Micros were included every other month as instructed. In summary, your instructions were followed to a t! I plan to add PGR to my regimen every third week or so, and possibly foliar iron aps like TurfGrassPro Blade Iron.

One last question - any thoughts on Epsom Salt to the lawn to bring up the Mg?

I appreciate your time and the invaluable feedback!