Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
Jayde_2005
Grass Type: Johnson grass / Misc. Fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Question About Logan Labs' Pricing Structure

Post by Jayde_2005 » September 14th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Hi there,

I looked at the website for Logan Labs, and I had a question about their pricing structure, if anyone happens to know.

So, if I submit 3 separate bags of soil to them (backyard, frontyard, and parkstrip), I would be paying for 3 different tests, right? So, if I got the standard test, it would be $75 to test my samples, rather than $25 for the submission of one worksheet/order form. Yes?

Now that I've asked it, it seems like a silly question. But I'll see if I can get an answer anyway.

Also, someone told me that if we use Logan Labs we get an annual plan for free. What is an "annual plan" in regards to?

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Question About Logan Labs' Pricing Structure

Post by andy10917 » September 14th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Unless you have a big difference in quality of the lawns between Front and Back, I generally recommend one test, with 10-12 samples (some from Back and some from Front) put into a Zip-Lock bag and thoroughly shaken to mix them. Then take a cup of soil from the bag and send it to Logan Labs for $25.

I do most of the interpretations currently - the other ST6 guy is swamped with business stuff this year. Ka-Ching!!

Here's an example of the conversation you can expect:

Recent Soil Test Interpretation and Plan

There is a Sticky thread at the top of the Soils Forum with lots of detail on getting the Soil Test done...