Multiple Tests Question

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
darkcrisis
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Multiple Tests Question

Post by darkcrisis » September 24th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Is it frowned upon to request 3 soil interpretations a year from you kind folks of ST6? I've been getting 2 yearly as I take care of my lawn as well as my parents. I've recently added my in-laws 1K front yard to my care and it needs soil help!

I don't won't to be seen as a mooch or taking advantage of your time. This has become a hobby and I've become a little obsessed. I enjoy helping the parental units have a nice lawn.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but wanted to ask.

Daniel

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Multiple Tests Question

Post by andy10917 » September 25th, 2018, 7:48 am

As of next Spring (2019), they'll need their own membership ID to get a soil test interpretation done.

Three reasons:

1. We've had lawn care companies asking for multiple tests.
2. We've had people that ask for interpretations year after year with no other participation. Many are members of other sites, but come here for interpretations.
3. It's too damned hard to find previous year's results, when things are mixed up under a single name.

Next year's interpretations will be far-more detailed, and it's a service for our good active members. We don't have time to do it for non-participants during Busy Season, and still get it done for members in a reasonable period of time waiting.

darkcrisis
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Multiple Tests Question

Post by darkcrisis » September 25th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate all you do around here and enjoy reading your replies.

Do you know of any companies that offer a decent soil interpretation for the extra yards? They really don't need ST6 perfection but I also don't want to apply anything that isn't needed.