JJA Soil Test October 2020

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
jeffangell
Grass Type: I am not certain
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

JJA Soil Test October 2020

Post by jeffangell » October 8th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Long term lurker first time poster - Thought it was finally time to get professional help.

Seattle, WA lawn - We get plenty of water in the fall and winter...and part of the spring - Sprinklers keep the lawn green outside of those times. Total of about 2500 sq ft of lawn with what I would call generally compacted, bumpy soil conditions.

A bit of a love love hate relationship with the yard and now that we dont have kids running all over it I thought it time to get it into that pristine shape that I've coveted.

First step was to get a soil test which is below - Was then thinking about trying to amend the soil via a thatch, aerate (and remove the plugs) followed by a topdressing of a somewhat sandy soil mix in the hopes that I could loosen the soil up a bit.

Would appreciate thoughts about what I should do/add to the soil based on both the soil report as well as some photos of the lawn.

Any advice would be great advice!

Btw - I see now that my soil results look pretty similar and wont do two tests in future (although in our county you get 10 free test that are sponsored by the county)

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: JJA Soil Test October 2020

Post by andy10917 » October 8th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Sorry - we don't offer interpretations of the results of labs other than Logan Labs, as the results and testing methods change from lab to lab. We haven't accepted other tests for over a decade. If you choose to re-test with Logan, there is still time before the soil interpretations end on October 31st. We;d be happy to interpret it if you do.

jeffangell
Grass Type: I am not certain
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: JJA Soil Test October 2020

Post by jeffangell » October 8th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Many thanks!

Will take a look at them and see if its feasible.