Anderson’s Humic DG

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Anderson’s Humic DG

Post by andy10917 » May 1st, 2021, 10:31 am

There are no miracle solutions. It's just another tool to be used from the toolbox. It can be used properly to improve the soil's ability to hold nutrients, as part of an OM regimen. It can also be used to inflate TEC numbers without actual real-world results.

I just wrote up a related question in a different thread, and it explains this issue in much more detail:

Using Humic Acid in Regimen

Bottom Line: You cannot buy a bag of something at the store, and jump over all the other steps in an OM regimen.

Leifcat1
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Anderson’s Humic DG

Post by Leifcat1 » July 25th, 2022, 5:07 pm

Wow - I'm glad that I stumbled across this post. I've been using "Humic DG CharX" almost religiously with my monthly fertilizer applications. And I've been making the mistake of applying it at the highest rate of 4 lbs/k with each application figuring that it could do no harm. Boy, was I wrong. My grass has been a lime green color most of the season regardless of how much iron i've put down on it. Good to know that excess Humic Acid might be the culprit. Thank you to the folks who posted this valuable information.

For anyone thats interested, here is a link to the Humic DG CharX product that I've been using: https://andersonsplantnutrient.com/turf/blog/834