Soil Test Interpretation - South Carolina

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
Spittin_Fire
Grass Type: Centipede
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Soil Test Interpretation - South Carolina

Post by Spittin_Fire » June 8th, 2021, 10:13 am

1st time poster, long time reader! I appreciate any and all time individuals take to read and respond. I don't need a perfect lawn, but want a great lawn. I've had a really hard time getting my lawn to fill in completely and be lush.

Background:
- House built in 2018 with centipede sod
- Samples were take between 5 to 6 inches with a soil sample probe over multiple locations. I realized after reading the instructions that I should of aimed for 4 inches, but I had already sampled and sent in. I also wanted a good indication of soil structure, so hopefully 5 to 6 inches isn't that detrimental.
- Roughly 3000 sq ft yard, with irrigation. Usually water twice a week, mow once or twice a week.
- Used another lab the last two years. pH was high. 2020 pH was 6.9, was able to get down 50lbs of Sulfur over 3 different applications in 2020. 2021 pH 6.4. Both were through Spectrum Analytic.
- Have put down about 30 lbs of sulfur this year.
- I know soil test should be done at the beginning of the year prior to any applications, but I was curious as to how the lawn was progressing this year. I did put down about .5 inch of compost this spring, 40lbs of Anderson's Humichar, Anderson's Professional PGF 16-0-8 at recommended settings for 3000 sq ft, as well as the 30 lbs of sulfur mentioned above over two applications so far.

I did go all out on the analysis as this is my first real soil analysis on the lawn.