Gwolf64's - 2022 Soil Test

Learn how improving your soil can lead to a better looking lawn
MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Gwolf64's - 2022 Soil Test

Post by MorpheusPA » April 26th, 2022, 2:32 pm

Andy's having some personal crap at the moment. So am I, but I'll handle this one while I run our quarterly meeting in the background.

I don't care for your boron (deficient), copper (low) or zinc (low). Iron is low, but just using some Milorganite will help a little with that (Milo is 4% iron by mass). You're going to need three things, and I'm leaning on the lower end of applications, so Andy may be by to override this for higher application levels. I tend to be more gentle than he does, with the plan to be to glide in on copper and zinc (highly binding) and apply boron regularly (doesn't bind well at all).

20 Mule Team Borax: 2 boxes, grocery store. You'll end up either holding the rest of the second box for next year or using it in the laundry.
Copper Sulfate: 22 tbsp per application, 3 applications, 66 tbsp total. That's somewhat less than 2 pounds.
Zinc Sulfate: 22 tbsp per application, 3 applications, 66 tbsp total. Again, 2 pounds.

May: Apply 2 tbsp per thousand square feet each of copper sulfate and zinc sulfate, and 5 tbsp per thousand square feet of 20 Mule Team Borax in Milorganite as per the Micronutrient Application Guide.

July: Apply 2 tbsp per thousand square feet each of copper sulfate and zinc sulfate, and 5 tbsp per thousand square feet of 20 Mule Team Borax in Milorganite as per the Micronutrient Application Guide.

September: Apply 2 tbsp per thousand square feet each of copper sulfate and zinc sulfate, and 5 tbsp per thousand square feet of 20 Mule Team Borax in Milorganite as per the Micronutrient Application Guide.