Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Vinceisvince - 2023- Soil test - Columbia SC

Post by vinceisvince » March 10th, 2023, 12:51 pm

Last years:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27041&p=350633#p350417

This years:

Some interesting things going on here, still pretty disappointed overall. Why did my potassium/magnesium do nothing? Magnesium is the epsom salt right? I did follow through with that and it decreased? Makes no sense to me... I did realize I did my micros wrong and got the boron on there correctly this time and pleasantly surprised to see that increase. Organic matter/TEC might just been the location on the yard, yea still looks very very sandy. THere's worms in my yard working in overtime so IDK, going to take a long time.

I love this forum though and you guys are great!

vinceisvince

Re: Vinceisvince - 2023- Soil test - Columbia SC

Post by vinceisvince » March 10th, 2023, 2:10 pm

I don't know how to edit my post above....

-Bermuda grass
-Water about 3 times a week when summer, since sand it gets thirsty quick (bermuda bible says 2 days but nope, tried that and definitely died in spots)
-mow every day since I have a robot mower
-have a mole problem in the back yard, mole crickets too and been trying to kill them suckers. Front is way better
-I see a good bit of worms nowadays, better amounts of worms lately
-I just bought me a RB60 and super excited to try it out
-Organic matter... i'm not doing much, lettting leaves go into soil, mow them, use milorganite. I'm not really dumping truckloads into my yard or anything and been told It'll just take forever. I live in the sandhills and pretty sure the builder threw sand on my property and sod on top of the sand.
-6 years in this property

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » March 27th, 2023, 9:49 pm

Vince, there's no surprise with the "disappearing" nutrients - I grimaced when I saw the TEC and OM numbers. The stuff just isn't hanging around on its journey to China.

No more Boron for a couple of years.

I'd keep using Milorganite on that lawn if I were you - reasonably heavy. At least it hangs around for a while before it dissolves.

If you have the time and motivation, FAS treatments will give you good color despite the soil (it's foliar).

Beyond all that, you could take a break from the Milorganite and hit the lawn with a balanced fertilizer at bag rate. Let us know if you notice any significant change.

vinceisvince

Post by vinceisvince » March 28th, 2023, 7:02 am

well the boron and copper stayed around and didn’t go to china.. So milorganite is really the only suggestion? The grass is looking pretty good. I thought my worms would have done more work for me as they are there where I sampled.

Milorganite is like $75 an application once a month so kinda pricey. walmart has a milorganite knock off for half price

Expert Gardener Lawn Food Fertilizer Plus 2% Iron,14 lb. - Covers 5,000 Sq. ft

anyhow no copper sulfate, boron, or potash (micros).. thanks!