LeftField11
Grass Type: KBG - Bewitched, Blueberry, Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: 2016 HoosierDaddy Rookie Reno Backyard- Day 60 Pics

Post by LeftField11 » June 24th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Looking good! :good: :good: :good:

HoosierDaddy
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Prosperity/Midnight/Blueberry; Back: Midnight/Prosperity/Blueberry
Lawn Size: 3000-5000

Re: 2016 HoosierDaddy Rookie Reno Backyard- Postgrad pic

Post by HoosierDaddy » July 6th, 2017, 8:51 am

Also, my fungal issue has returned. Like clockwork, 10 days after the last Heritage app. I'm going to throw the changeup and hit it with propiconazole.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » July 6th, 2017, 8:58 am

My fungus keeps coming back too. It's now in isolated areas only though, not all over. Mostly rust. Along the creek its the worst - where I get standing water and the roots are probably struggling for air. Some around my trees where it competes with tree roots.

I am going to spot spray this time.

A Heritage app for me is like $100, so I try not to do that too often hahahaha :)

g-man
Grass Type: Mix (mostly KBG)
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by g-man » July 6th, 2017, 9:46 am

^have you two tried lowering the HOC? I know it sounds counter intuitive, but with all the rain (and late evening rain) we had I slowly lowered it to 2in. The spots that were showing signs of fungus for me are now gone without the need of fungicide. Of course I'm not in a reno so YMMV.

HoosierDaddy
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Prosperity/Midnight/Blueberry; Back: Midnight/Prosperity/Blueberry

Post by HoosierDaddy » July 6th, 2017, 2:23 pm

HLG: I will be spot spraying now too. Just from the perspective that there are very clear areas where the problem persists. Oddly, some are full sun, some are shade. A few are adjacent to bare areas where I plugged this spring. One is in an area that came in nicely. I can't find any common factor, other than all areas have received light, frequent, Philes-y fertilization this year. Nor have I been able to identify the pathogen. I am continuing proactive, Serenade treatments as well. Hopefully this won't re-occur with the normal Nitrogen schedules in a 2-year post reno world.

G-man: I actually have raised my cut from 2 to 3 inches thinking that might help. First 2 rounds from 2" cut, this one at 3". Who knows...

HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy » April 24th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Wasn't sure where to post these, so figured I'd do it in the reno thread. Domination line photos of my back/2016 reno. This will serve as my inspiration for the front which is going to need even more babying this spring.