About to Renovate Front & Backyard

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
skippynj17
Grass Type: KBG ( Award , Everglade , Bewitched )
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

About to Renovate Front & Backyard

Post by skippynj17 » June 14th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Hey guys, Im so happy that i have stumbled on this great forum you have here.
After stalking the site the last few weeks I have decided to give it a go and renovate my front lawn and also do the backyard for the 1st time ever. However I have a problem in both areas.

1) Front lawn (3000 sq ft ) My problem here is that Im worried that I may not be able to Reseed this area due to my applications of pre M . I applied the 1st application @ 3lb per 1000 on april 1st and then on May 17th applied another application @ 2.75 lb per 1000 .

2) Backyard (4500 sq ft ) This area was originally approx 2000 sq ft but was filled 3 yrs ago to the size that it is now.
Nothing was ever done or planted back here . just all weeds courtesy of mother nature.
My problem here is that the soil in this area has so many rocks in it. I was wondering if i should NUKE, remove as many rocks as possible and or add top soil. If so approx how many inches of top soil. BTW im planning on sending a soil sample to Logan labs asap for this area.

I would love to seed both of these areas around september 1st , the backyard with preferred seed Cornell classic mix
and the front yard with KYB Bewitched, Award, Everglade from SSS.
Im Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I will be able to do some seeding in september. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: About to Renovate Front & Backyard

Post by andy10917 » June 14th, 2017, 7:40 pm

First, register yourself in the Class of 2017 thread in the Renovations Forum. Then open a 2017 thread of your own to keep track of what you did and what the answers were to the questions you asked. Even those of us that have done many renovations (to many?) open and keep a thread.

The typical seed-down date is a little earlier than your 9/1 date. 9/1 works, but I have never seen anyone say "I wish I had delayed a little more".