Grass Type: Front: TTTF & KBG Back: Salad Bar
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: smasts 2017 front corner renovation

Post by smast16 » September 27th, 2017, 3:36 pm

probasesteal wrote:
September 27th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Looks good. Any updated pics?

I've got some serious tenacity bleaching going on right now. I also pre-germinated some seed (peat and TTTF in a wheel barrow) and threw it in the bare areas earlier this week and those areas are really growing like crazy.

We just have to weather today and tomorrow and the temps will drop. I finally applied some Serenade and am crossing my fingers dollar spot and pythium blight stay away.

Also had a $180 water bill for the past 2 months.
I think i'm going to get W-S most valuable customer award this year.

I've got Dollar spot bad. I have some of the macro "Spots" associated with Dollar Spots in a couple of areas, with some others starting to get it bad. The uninfected areas are 4" tall, but half (spotted around) of the area is 1/2" tall, discolored (like almost yellow) and lesions are starting to form. I know i'm partly to blame, and the weather hasn't helped. I reseeded a few areas, and went back to a light version of seeding watering to get these new spots germinated. I think this started my issue. Last weekend i said screw the seed and went down to once a day watering in the morning at like 8am, in an attempt to let the area dry out, but this where the weather hasn't helped. Dew has been so bad, i see it on the grass as early as 8pm but usually by 10pm it's covered in dew, let alone the lows of only 68. :banghead: The couple mornings of heavy fog also hurt. I have sprayed fungicide twice, but i don't know if it's not working, or the product isn't sitting on the grass long enough to work. I read the label and it's effective against dollar spot (and this agrees with NC state). I've sprayed twice, and both times it's been basically rinsed off by 10pm from the dew. It's been 2 weeks and the grass just can't dry out but for a few hours in the mid day sun. I think i'm going to give it it's first cut this coming Saturday, to help air flow into the unaffected areas. Then i'm going to switch fungicides (probably Prop.) and spray mid day. Just to give it ample time to sit on the grass.
Here is shot i took of the seedling, but at the bottom of the image you can see some of the impacted grass. Both leaves are turning yellow, and one is just about brown. I'll take a larger shot of the whole area this evening.

probasesteal
Grass Type: FRONT: SPF30, NuGlad and Midnight. BACK: Hogan's TTTF with SPF30 HBG

Post by probasesteal » September 27th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Sorry to hear it man, one more day of brutal temps.

I have a few small areas that just died, no signs of dollar spot or blight. I did cut at 2", then 2.5" and have been maintaing that, maybe that's what has overall saved me.

smast16

Post by smast16 » September 30th, 2017, 7:25 pm

They go up so quickly, she got her first cut today!

The re seeded spots are up and look to fill in nicely. Day 14 for them. (I think)

After I mowed I put down .25#N from urea and watered it in with .5" of water.

The fungus I was seeing earlier this week seems to be a mix of rust and leaf spot. I'm working the new seedlings to every other day watering in hopes of letting the more mature grass recover from the fungus.

Looks pretty gnarly in there huh?

Marinegrunt
Grass Type: TTTF + 10% KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Post by Marinegrunt » September 30th, 2017, 8:54 pm

It's coming in really good. Very nice work. Glad to hear your fungus didn't do too much damage. My finally stopped spreading once the cooler weather hit. Well, I also had stopped watering so everything was pretty dry. Although, I had the same issue with the dew. You could see the dew forming about a hour after sundown. It was crazy.

Hopefully these perfect growing temps last another month. I'm sure it will get cold the second I spot seed here in the next day or two.

probasesteal
Grass Type: FRONT: SPF30, NuGlad and Midnight. BACK: Hogan's TTTF with SPF30 HBG

Post by probasesteal » September 30th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Where did you buy the urea? I've not found a good source

smast16

Post by smast16 » October 2nd, 2017, 6:40 am

probasesteal wrote:
September 30th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Probasesteal, I went to Green Resources in Greensboro.

http://www.green-resource.com

probasesteal

Post by probasesteal » October 2nd, 2017, 10:49 am

smast16 wrote:
October 2nd, 2017, 6:40 am
probasesteal wrote:
September 30th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Probasesteal, I went to Green Resources in Greensboro.

http://www.green-resource.com
Ah, good idea. I've been to the one in Raleigh, but not here.

Thanks.

smast16

Post by smast16 » October 18th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Suppose i should do a day 60ish update. Propiconizole has worked well, as well as the weekly .5lbs /M of Urea. It's really darkening. The reseed is just getting it's foot of the door from pouting, so the holes are closing and should be filled be the end of the year. I'm mowing every 4-6 days, and i'd probably be mowing more if it was raining... still watering every 3 days. It's so dry here, that the soil 4 inches doesn't even stay wet. I've audited, i'm putting down 1" but irrigation doesn't replace mother nature.

Anyways, here's a pic!