Jeff's Lawn Reno 2018

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
Hyna32
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Northern Mix
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Jeff's Lawn Reno 2018

Post by Hyna32 » December 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Hi everyone - First time caller, love the show! Thanks for the access.

I live in the S/W suburbs of Chicago, ~22kft lawn area (0.5acre), my home/lawn is 25yrs old, I purchased it in 2013 and appears to be a 'MOG’ -museum of grass, mostly PR w/ little KBG (anyone’s guess on which cultivars). Interested in a lawn reno.

I've spent quite a bit of time on the cool grass Forums here as well as the Article and FAQ's sections which have been great in answering a lot my questions - thanks for posting those! That being said, I recently did (2) Logan Labs soil analyses 1. @ 3-4in deep with AA, and 2. Soil Structure 6in deep, which I'll be posting shortly in the soil interpretation queue. Essentially, my goal is to understand my lawn’s soil structure/contents so I can begin to either take amending actions and/or understand my seeding and eventual care options.

Any and all feedback is welcomed.

Thanks again - JGH

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Jeff's Lawn Reno 2018

Post by andy10917 » December 6th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Welcome!

"Officially", the ST6 team doesn't do soil test interpretations in November, December and most of January. That's because the slow season is when we concentrate on making changes to the regimens and reports that we provide to Members. 2018 will be a MAJOR change in report formatting and detail.

Now, if an ST6 member is bored on a winter night and chooses to interpret a test, that's up to them. We will NOT be re-running any interpreted tests out to the new format/detail after they have been interpreted.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Jeff's Lawn Reno 2018

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » December 7th, 2017, 12:49 pm

andy10917 wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 1:44 pm
if an ST6 member is bored on a winter night and chooses to interpret a test
I'm about to start travelling regularly to NY, so I may have some time coming up. But, no promises :D

OP - good stuff getting prepared for a renovation. Planning makes a big difference and half an acre is a big chunk to start with!