Blue Velvet Monostand Farm Fence line

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
edenl01
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Blue Velvet Monostand Farm Fence line

Post by edenl01 » August 25th, 2018, 12:59 pm

2 weeks ago I went seed down on a strip of dirt between my property and the farmers crops. He got a little nuts with the glyphosate this spring and smoked a bunch of turf I had previously worked real hard to establish.

During the kill I encountered a glyphosate resistant weed called Palmer amaranth. I hit it with two rounds of glyphosate and nada. I ended up taking a few hours and hand pulling it after I figured out it was glyphosate resistant.

The area is about 1k.

Who cares about a 1k farm field Reno? Someone maybe. I choose Blue Velvet to be my cultivar of choice.

Many people can see monostands of various cultivars on this site but none are Blue Velvet.

I love the blue tones it gives. I’ve got a Bewitched monostand out front for future comparison.

2 weeks in and I have pretty good germination. We’ve had a lot of natural rainfall here which is always preferred over hose water.

STL
Grass Type: TTTF

Re: Blue Velvet Monostand Farm Fence line

Post by STL » August 25th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Cool. I have blue velvet in my mix, a couple one year old pots of it, and will be doing a mono test plot in my reno this year as well. It does seem to give blueish tones.

Stripes3
Grass Type: KBG

Re: Blue Velvet Monostand Farm Fence line

Post by Stripes3 » October 26th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Any update on that Blue Velvet?