Ken-n-Nancy's 2018 Front Lawn Renovation - "War on Triv"

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
ken-n-nancy
Grass Type: Front: KBG (Bewitched+Prosperity); Side: Bewitched KBG; Back: Fine Fescue Blend + Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Ken-n-Nancy's 2018 Front Lawn Renovation - "War on Triv"

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 1st, 2018, 11:36 am

DevilDawg81 wrote:
September 1st, 2018, 7:41 am
I can appreciate the fact how you packed each stone so it was level/straight. A lot of folks wouldn’t do that. It’s a lot of work, but you did it right!
Thanks for the appreciation of the granite blocks. They were a lot of work but we like the way they look and they've held up well where we've installed them previously.
KBGkicksazz wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 6:23 pm
I wish I could do stone along the road like that but the town plow would almost surely tear mine up every year.
Yup, that is a real concern. After the ground is frozen hard, they're not going anywhere, even if the plow blade hits them -- the blade will just ride up on top of them.

However, before the ground is frozen, any granite blocks that are above grade are vulnerable to being disturbed by the plow. Our solution to that was to put "driveway markers" a few inches outside of the cobblestones. (Between the blocks and the road.) The plow operators in Bedford seem to be very good -- they will plow within an inch or two of the markers but (usually) avoid them.
darkcrisis wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 10:46 pm
Thanks for sharing this progression. With all the hard work and planning I'm sure it will turn out great. I'm looking forward to the updates!
Oh boy, now the pressure's on to keep regular updates coming and hopefully have this renovation turn out to be a success!

In our prior renovations, washout from thunderstorms has been the bane of our efforts. Today is now the 7th day since seed-down, and, thankfully, still no rain. Yay!

If we can have 7 more days with no rain, we'll have no excuses!

ken-n-nancy
Grass Type: Front: KBG (Bewitched+Prosperity); Side: Bewitched KBG; Back: Fine Fescue Blend + Prosperity

2018-08-31 - Baby Grass!

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 1st, 2018, 11:47 am

We now have baby grass!

Baby Grass on 2018-08-31:

Germination is really only visible in a few of the areas that had the most peat moss - presumably those areas retained moisture better than areas without the peat moss coverage. The bulk of the lawn did not have peat moss applied, but is instead relying upon the dead, scalped grass to provide some moisture retention. We've had success with that approach in the past, but it's always a bit nerve-wracking to be sowing seed into dead grass, never being quite sure if the seed is getting the right conditions to germinate.

I can't see any significant germination in the areas of old, dead grass, but am hoping there is some germination going on there that just can't be seen under the old grass.

With seasonably cool temperatures in the forecast for the coming Labor Day weekend (daytime highs in the 70s and overnight lows in the 50s) hopefully we'll get more germination and maybe enough growth from the baby grass that we'll be able to see those tender, young blades peeking up above the old, brown grass!

Below are the standard photos from yesterday morning...

Mailbox View as of 2018-08-31:

Lamp Post View as of 2018-08-31:

Far End as of 2018-08-31:

jfd.lew
Grass Type: Betwitche/Midnight/Blueberry
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by jfd.lew » September 2nd, 2018, 11:13 am

Looking good! Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail, and you planned this very well! I'm looking forward to how this turns out.

Pway
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Pway » September 3rd, 2018, 11:58 am

KnN, thanks for your detailed renovation info. Great read! Good luck!

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-04 - Coverage Looks Hopeful!

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 4th, 2018, 8:00 am

We were away for a 4-day Labor Day weekend, during which we trusted upon the automatic sprinkler system to take care of the baby grass and continuing seed germination. One of the first things Ken wanted to do, even with our 9pm return, was to rush outside with a flashlight and check to see how germination coverage is doing on the lawn! Seems hopeful!

Even more importantly, when we returned from our mini-vacation, we found that the rain gauge was still bone dry! No washouts so far this year! (Our past renovations have all endured significant washouts to complicate matters.) We've been very blessed by no rain in the 10 days since seed-down. Definitely a longer-than-average dry spell for late August in NH which has come at the perfect time for our front lawn renovation.

Coverage is looking pretty good. We clearly have good coverage in the previously bare areas. We seem to have pretty good germination in the thinner dead grass areas. It's hard to tell if we have good germination coverage in the thicker dead grass areas -- can't really tell if there's baby grass growing in there that just hasn't grown tall enough to get above the old dead grass, or if there's poor germination there. In any case, we'll just have to keep waiting and praying!

Now, the photos. First, a close-up of one of the bare spots, and then the standard three photos. It's easier to see the grass in the previously-bare areas, as the light green baby grass doesn't show up as well against the tan background of the old dead grass.

Closeup of Previously Bare Patch on 2018-09-04:

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-04:

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-04:

Far End as of 2018-09-04:

KBGkicksazz
Grass Type: KBG

Post by KBGkicksazz » September 4th, 2018, 4:33 pm

You guys had a great window to seed for sure. Couple more days of heat then you should be on the home stretch as it looks like you’re getting pretty uniform germination.

ndlutz
Grass Type: Midnight/Bewitched/Prosperity KBG Front, Northern Mix Back

Post by ndlutz » September 5th, 2018, 12:18 am

This thread is epic. Nice work.

You are going to be fine. It's always nerve-wracking when you go seed down even if you've done this before. Looking at the germination you have in the peat moss areas, you're going to do fine in the areas you're relying on the dead grass too.

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-07 - Day 13 - Looking Better, But Still Concerned About Thickest "Dead Grass" Sections

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 7th, 2018, 1:21 pm

We're now just one day shy of 2 weeks. The "no rain" weather conditions have continued, although the last three days have been hot and humid for September in New Hampshire -- three days of highs in the low 90s, with overnight temps around 70F with a dew point around 70F, too! We did receive about 0.05 inches of natural rain last night, but that's really not enough to even count. So thankful that we've not had to deal with any washout issues this time around!

It's nice taking the photos every few days, as it helps us be encouraged with progress, and also lets us compare our status to that of prior awesome KBG renovations. Seems like we're on a similar pace to the prior successful renovations we've seen described on the site, which is VERY encouraging to us!

It's still hard to tell if we have good germination coverage in the thicker dead grass areas -- we're going to presume that the new baby grass is there, nestled down in the old grass, partly because we don't know what we could do about it at this time anyway -- if the dead grass is too thick in those areas and has impeded germination, then just broadcasting more seed now over the top won't really help without clearing out more of the old dead grass, and there's no way we could clear out the old grass without killing any new baby grass that has germinated in those places! So, we're just going to stay the course that we're on, because the other options are all so unpalatable.

In any case, on to the photos...

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-07 (Day 13):

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-07 (Day 13):

Far End as of 2018-09-07 (Day 13):

KBGkicksazz

Post by KBGkicksazz » September 8th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Looks like we have s stretch of rain coming I only had to water once today to keep the soil moist now that temps moderated.

When do you plan to start feeding?

I’m going to give an app tomorrow to my oversedded area.

ken-n-nancy

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 8th, 2018, 5:44 pm

KBGkicksazz wrote:
September 8th, 2018, 4:56 pm
Looks like we have a stretch of rain coming I only had to water once today to keep the soil moist now that temps moderated.
Today I stayed on my six-times a day watering schedule (but it's only enough to moisten the surface). I should check to see if that's turning out to be too much with the cooler temperatures, although the air is quite dry, so water still seems to evaporate pretty quickly.
KBGkicksazz wrote:
September 8th, 2018, 4:56 pm
When do you plan to start feeding?
My plan has been to wait until the grass starts to grow on its own. In our side lawn Bewitched renovation in 2015, our seed-down date wasn't until 9 Sept, which was way too late, and grass growth never took off before winter. I'm hoping that this time around growth takes off before then. Today is now 2 weeks since seed down. At seed-down, I did apply Bay State Fertilizer at 0.64#N/ksqft, so the grass should have the needed nutrients for the first 3-4 weeks.

If growth has picked up by next weekend (which will be 21 days since seed-down) I'll think about applying urea (46-0-0) at 0.5#N/ksqft, but only if the baby grass is showing significant growth. I think it's more likely that it won't be ready for fertilizer until about 28 days since seed-down, which will be getting close to when we would normally be starting "the pause" so we'll have some decision-making to do...

KBGkicksazz

Post by KBGkicksazz » September 9th, 2018, 7:49 am

With the rain and 80F weather coming this week that should help get things going. I’m at day 8 and no obvious germination on my side yard yet.

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-09 - Day 15 - Just a Photo Update

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 9th, 2018, 10:12 pm

We're now just one day past 2 weeks. We've had two days of cooler temperatures (highs in the 70s-80s, with overnight lows in the 50s), and an even cooler night (mid-40s) forecast for tonight. We also have an anticipated rain deluge starting tomorrow afternoon, with forecasted rainfall of 2-3 inches in 24 hours. As a result, our impression is what has germinated is what we'll have and anything that hasn't germinated will likely wash away.

I'm still worried about coverage in the areas that had the thickest grass previously. It appears that I probably didn't clear out enough of the old grass in the previously-thickest sections. I mowed to 1.25" but that may not have been enough, at least for the areas that were very thick with dead grass. However, there is some new Bewitched + Prosperity spread sparsely throughout even those thick dead grass sections, so I'm hoping we'll be okay after spring spreading gets a chance. There definitely isn't anything more we can do about it now, anyway, so we'll just have to stay the course until spring. (Raking the dead grass out of those areas would rake out all the seedlings, too, so we can't do that, especially since we're basically out of time to re-seed with our average first frost being Sept 26.)

This photo update is primarily to provide comparison against other renovations at the 15-day mark.

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-09 (Day 15):

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-09 (Day 15):

Far End as of 2018-09-09 (Day 15):

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-10 - Status of 'Experiment' of Tenacity to Remove Fine Fescue from Northern Mix

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 11th, 2018, 10:44 am

I've been delinquent in regard to posting about the status of my "experiment" in using Tenacity to remove fine fescue from a norther mix, even though the experiment is ongoing and I have been taking some pictures along the way. I've also realized that I probably shouldn't have really called it an "experiment" as there's no scientific aspect to it -- no control, no separate patches with different application rates and intervals, and no careful measurements of relative success.

The quick summary is that the results so far have been not what I had expected. Nonetheless, I'll at least explain what I've done, and how it's going. I'll probably have to split my write-up into a couple different posts.

The area being "experimented" upon is approximately 1500sqft on the "other side" of the driveway. This area was seeded in a northern mix (PRG, FF, KBG) in the fall of 2013. It is primarily shaded until about 9am in the morning, but gets good mid-day and afternoon sun. The area nearest the road gets the most sun.

Each spring the area nearest to the road develops significant bare spots from what I think is a combination of winterkill and road salt, primarily affecting the PRG as far as I can tell. These bare spots get filled in by KBG over the course of the spring and summer, so that by fall, there is an ever-increasing amount of KBG in that area, with the exception of patches of fine fescue, which go dormant in the summer. (The fine fescue in my lawn may look fragile and goes dormant in the heat of the summer, but it is one tough grass that doesn't seem to be killed by anything, and comes roaring back each fall once the temperatures cool off enough.) Accordingly, after five years, the area nearest to the road is primarily KBG, but still with a fair bit of fine fescue intermingled.

The issue I have is that during July and August, the fine fescue largely goes dormant, resulting in a brown "understory" of fine fescue below the thriving KBG grass that loves the New Hampshire summer. The effect this has upon the visual appearance of the lawn is that when I mow the lawn, the brown "understory" gives the lawn a brownish color. However, as the KBG grows taller in the days following mowing, the lawn looks pretty good right before it is cut. Below is a photo of the area right before mowing on July 27th of this year. Looking across the grass from this angle, all that is seen of most of the grass is the tips of the KBG. The brown "understory" of fine fescue is hidden, with the exception of some that can be seen right along the roadside cobblestones. (The fine fescue really can't stand the heat of that area, but doesn't get killed -- it just goes dormant waiting for fall.)

My plan, based upon having read various articles from about a decade ago concerning the tolerance (or lack thereof) of fine fescue to higher rate Tenacity applications, was, while applying the Tenacity to control listed weeds on the label, to also "thin out" the fine fescue in this section of my lawn by making two applications of Tenacity at 8oz/acre at a 14-day interval. I was seeking to make the first Tenacity application just as the heat of summer was ending (basically at "seed-down" time for a renovation) so that the fine fescue would get hit just as it was coming out of dormancy. The hope is that in addition to killing off traditional weeds, this would kill off much of the fine fescue, without adversely affecting the Kentucky bluegrass. This hope is largely based upon the study described in a study conducted at Washington State University a decade ago: http://turf.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/ ... eminar.pdf The relevant slide is #24, which is shown below.

There's also a similar relevant article, titled "Safety of Tenacity to Creeping Red Fescue Grown in the Northeastern United States" from the University of CT on page 46 of the following publication, which also shows significant injury to fine fescue in repeated heavier doses of Tenacity (two treatments of 5oz/acre at a 21 day interval): http://www.turf.uconn.edu/pdf/research/reports/2007.pdf

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-11 - FF Thinning Experiment - Ongoing Status...

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 11th, 2018, 10:49 am

In my prior post above, I described the plan for the "Fine Fescue Thinning Experiment." In this post is a summary of what has actually been done to date.

My first application of Tenacity at 8oz/acre was August 24. The experiment was further complicated by a concurrent effort to fill in a couple depressions (sunk spots from prior tree removal) in this area, and also experiment with overseeding KBG (Bewitched+Prosperity 50/50 blend), just in case the FF-thinning attempts were wildly successful. As a result, this area would be getting frequently watered to allow for seed germination. In hindsight, I think this may have been a bad idea, as the increased watering for seed germination may have altered the effectiveness of the Tenacity application (or maybe not.)

Below is the summary of actions to date:
  • August 24: Mowed (and bagged) to 2.75" (from normal HOC of 3.75"), overseeded KBG at 2#/ksqft, applied Tenacity at 8oz/acre. Commenced "germination watering" of 6 times a day for 7 minutes each time.
  • August 29: Mowed (and bagged) to 2.75"
  • Sept 4: Mowed (and bagged) to 2.75"
  • Sept 7: Mowed (and bagged) to 2.75". Applied Tenacity at 8oz/acre.
What have I observed? Well, first off, the reduction of the height of cut (HOC) from 3.75" to 2.75" made the lawn look pretty ugly, as it exposed the brown "understory" of fine fescue. Also, the "germination watering" tends to yellow the existing grass from being overwatered.

About 5-7 days after the initial application, I observed whitening of two patches of poa trivialis in the area being treated. I also observed sporadic, widely distributed partial whitening of some of the blades of KBG. I did not observe any whitening of the fine fescue. Fine fescue that had been brown was still brown. Fine fescue that was green remained green. These conditions continued until about 10-12 days, at which point the whitened turf started to show recovery to better color (both the poa trivialis and the KBG).

I still haven't observed any whitening of the fine fescue. I don't know if the fine fescue has a different apparent response to the Tenacity. Could it be that the dormant brown fine fescue just remains brown rather than recover or show whitening? I don't know and haven't been able to find this described in the articles I've found. In hindsight, I wish I had not done the concurrent overseeding with germination watering and wish I had not altered the HOC during the experiment. If I try this again next year, I would continue normal maintenance practices and have the application of the Tenacity be the only intentional difference. This is obvious, but when making multiple changes at one time, observed effects cannot be ascribed to any particular one of the changes.

I made the second (final) application of Tenacity at 8oz/acre on Sept 7; I have not yet observed further changes in the grass appearance, but am still a few days away from when I would expect to have observable effects. Photos are below.

2018-08-26: Day 2 after 1st application of Tenacity (image below)

2018-08-30: Day 6 after 1st application of Tenacity (image below)

2018-09-07: Day 14 after 1st application of Tenacity; Day of 2nd application (image below)

2018-09-09: Day 16 after 1st application; Day 2 after 2nd application (image below)

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-13 - Day 19 - Another Photo Update

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 15th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Took some photos on Thursday morning after the total of nearly 2 inches of rain we had from Monday through Wednesday.

There is definitely continuing progress with green becoming the predominant color in more and more areas. The grass seems to have survived the rain and puddling pretty well. Most of the grass is standing up with the exception of the areas that were in puddles. Maybe we'll try to use the leaf blower to gently lift the grass in those areas, but we'll let the soil surface dry out a little more before walking on the grass.

I'll also need to decide if we should make any irrigation changes from our 6-times a day plan. Not yet sure about that.

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-13 (Day 19):

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-13 (Day 19):

Far End as of 2018-09-13 (Day 19):

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-15 - Day 21 - New Pics

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 15th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Time for the 21-day photos.

Germination is definitely thinnest in the areas that had the thickest old grass. I'm thinking I didn't scalp low enough in those areas. Live and learn. Seems like there will still be enough coverage to fill in by the end of next spring. I'm not going to try to add more seed, as there's insufficient time left for it to develop before winter (our average first frost is Sept 26), and the extended "germination watering" wouldn't be good for the new grass.

Longest blades are about 1.5" tall. Still too short for my rotary mower, which really can't cut below about 2.5" without scalping issues given the irregularity of my soil surface. I won't fertilize yet, either.
Hoping that maybe by next weekend (4 weeks) I can mow and fertilize.

I'll be starting to dial back irrigation from the 6-times a day, probably reducing it to 4 times a day for a few days or so to see how it does with that.

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-15 (Day 21):

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-15 (Day 21):

Far End as of 2018-09-15 (Day 21):

ken-n-nancy

Ever Wonder What 16oz/acre of Tenacity Does to a Northern Mix? (Ken-n-Nancy's 2018 Front Lawn Renovation)

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 16th, 2018, 8:23 am

In the last three weeks, we have now applied 16oz/acre of Tenacity to 1500sqft of a northern mix section of our lawn, in an experiment to see if that reduces the Fine Fescue in the mix. As discussed in prior posts in this thread, we applied two doses of 8oz/acre: the first on August 24th and the second on September 7th. Today is the ninth day since the second application, which is in the time frame of 7-10 days after application when we typically see maximum bleaching from Tenacity.

2018-09-15: Day 22 after 1st application; Day 8 after 2nd application (image below)

The lawn looks quite white. There is noticeable bleaching of most blades of grass. You can see areas where we were a little sloppy in our 2nd application of not getting complete coverage with light areas between passes and an area of newly-seeded grass that we avoided in the 2nd pass. In the far distance (adjacent to the garage), you can barely see the darker green area where Tenacity was not applied.

In the photo below, you can see the difference where the Tenacity was not applied (on the left) and where it was applied (on the right.)

2018-09-15: Day 22 after 1st application; Day 8 after 2nd application (image below)

Strangely enough, the fine fescue blades don't really seem to whiten like the KBG ones do. Rather, the fine fescue blades seem to either stay green, or sometimes just turn brown -- we're not sure why the response is different and haven't seen it described by others in our reading.

As to whether or not this experiment is working, we don't really know yet. We'll have to wait for the grass to recover and see if the fine fescue makes it. We're hoping for results of injury to the fine fescue like those reported in the Washington State University study mentioned and pictured previously in this thread.

Cooler weather is coming fast here in NH; it's only 10 more days until our average first frost (Sept 26). We think that should give us enough time for the KBG to recover before winter. In the last couple years, lawn growth has slowed markedly in the 1st/2nd week of November, with cessation of top growth around Nov 15th-20th or so. The plan is for the KBG to have completely recovered before then!

Below are a couple close-ups showing the effect on the grass in more detail.

2018-09-16: Day 23 after 1st application; Day 9 after 2nd application, Spot 1 (image below)

2018-09-16: Day 23 after 1st application; Day 9 after 2nd application, Spot 2 (image below)

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » September 16th, 2018, 9:03 am

You're confirming my observations about the first time that Tenacity is applied to a lawn - all/much of the grass turns white. Subsequent apps don't do that as much. KBG especially seems to "learn" how to deal with Tenacity. I've never written that down or posted the observation, but I've seen it too many times to doubt it.

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-21 - FF Thinning Experiment Update

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 21st, 2018, 3:08 pm

In our experiment to see if high-rate Tenacity applications can be used to reduce the Fine Fescue in a Northern Mix, today is now 2 weeks since our second application of Tenacity at 8oz/acre, and 4 weeks since the first application.

The Kentucky bluegrass is starting to improve from the worst of the whitening. It does seem like some of the fine fescue has been killed off, but definitely not all of it, by any means! Photos are below.

2018-09-21: Day 28 after 1st application; Day 14 after 2nd application, before mowing (image below)

The lawn is starting to recover. I think it actually looks better in the above "before mowing" photo, than in the "after mowing" photo, as more of the dead grass "underlayer" is visible after mowing. Our uneven application of the 2nd dose is becoming more apparent (embarrassing!) but that's the way it is...

2018-09-21: Day 28 after 1st application; Day 14 after 2nd application, after mowing (image below)

The photo below shows the the difference where the Tenacity was not applied (on the left) and where it was applied (on the right.)

2018-09-21: Day 28 after 1st application; Day 14 after 2nd application (image below)

Still hoping that the KBG completes its recovery before top growth stops!

ken-n-nancy

2018-09-22 - Day 28 - 4 Weeks Since Seed-Down!

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 22nd, 2018, 10:56 pm

Time for the 28-day photos.

This past week has been a wild one -- first there were a couple days of temperatures in the high 80s, which is summer weather for here. Then on Tuesday the remains of Hurricane Florence came through and dumped 4.1" of rain on our lawn in a span of about 8 hours. We had ponding in a few spots of the front lawn renovation for about a half-day or so. The baby grass in those areas definitely suffered - I think about half of it just plain died, but there still seems to be uniformly sparse grass with about one spindly grass plant about every square inch or so. I'm hopeful that those sections will have enough grass plants to fill in during the spring, presuming the remaining grass recovers and gets strong enough to tolerate winter and more inevitable puddling during the spring thaw.

The latter portion of the week has been pretty good cool season grass weather, with daytime highs in the upper 60s. Due to the combination of cooler temperatures and generally overcast skies, evaporation is way down compared to just a week ago; I've dropped watering back to just once a day.

On Friday, I decided that the 8-10 feet of baby grass nearest to the road could use mowing; the rest of the front lawn still isn't tall enough to mow, excepting a few other small spots. I mowed at 2.25" which is the lowest I dared mow to be sure not to scalp the grass -- my seedbed isn't as flat as many of the other lawns here, and I usually mow pretty high, so 2.25" seems real short to me!

I also applied the first fertilizer -- I applied a blend of urea (46-0-0) at 0.5#urea/ksqft (0.23#N/ksqft) mixed with Bay State Fertilizer (4-3-0) at 8#BSF/ksqft (0.32#N/ksqft). That may seem like a lot of N, but the Bay State has a lower percentage of water-soluble (quick-release) nitrogen than even Milorganite, and with the cooler temperatures, most of that N will be released very slowly. We've done this enough times that I was pretty confident I could spread the blend sufficiently evenly to avoid any burning. I did water in the fertilizer application immediately afterwards just to make sure that none of the urea prill harm grass plants they happened to nestle up against.

We're very excited that the grass seems to now be growing pretty quickly -- on all of our prior renovations, we've never really seeded early enough to have significant growth and corresponding mowing before winter, so we're enthused about the possibility of some vigorous growth before winter!

Our average first frost is coming up real quick -- just 4 days away on September 26th. We don't yet have any sub-40F nights in the extended forecast, but we do have plenty of nights forecasted to be in the mid- or low-40s. Typically, we'll continue to get strong growth for nearly a month after that.

Anyway, I'll stop here with my thousand words and let the pictures tell the story more succinctly.

Mailbox View as of 2018-09-22 (Day 28):

Lamp Post View as of 2018-09-22 (Day 28):

Far End as of 2018-09-22 (Day 28):