Photos from Saturday's lawn project

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
Jamo
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Photos from Saturday's lawn project

Post by Jamo » May 10th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Hi everyone, wanted to share some photos from this past Saturday's lawn project.

We put down 7 cubic yards of 50/50 organic compost and composted manure. Came up about 2 yards short in the back, so have more coming this week to finish the job. Our house was built two years ago and the grass (TIF bermuda) is doing really well overall, but hopefully the shot of compost and manure helps the soil and also the grass in the weeks and months ahead.

All in all, it wasn't too bad of a project. Bought in bulk and wheelbarrowed across the yard making piles, then came back and spread it with the flat side of a metal rake. My wife loves projects in the yard and was out there with me the whole time, so that was a tremendous help. Probably took around 7-8 hours in total, though literally an hour of that was talking to neighbors who were walking and driving by and stopped to ask what we were doing and why. One even brought me a beer, which was great. Lol

Masbustelo
Grass Type: Mazama KBG
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Photos from Saturday's lawn project

Post by Masbustelo » May 10th, 2021, 1:29 pm

If you have never used it before, you will be amazed what it does after a rain or two.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by edslawn » May 10th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Jamo wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 1:03 pm
Hi everyone, wanted to share some photos from this past Saturday's lawn project.

We put down 7 cubic yards of 50/50 organic compost and composted manure. Came up about 2 yards short in the back, so have more coming this week to finish the job. Our house was built two years ago and the grass (TIF bermuda) is doing really well overall, but hopefully the shot of compost and manure helps the soil and also the grass in the weeks and months ahead.

All in all, it wasn't too bad of a project. Bought in bulk and wheelbarrowed across the yard making piles, then came back and spread it with the flat side of a metal rake. My wife loves projects in the yard and was out there with me the whole time, so that was a tremendous help. Probably took around 7-8 hours in total, though literally an hour of that was talking to neighbors who were walking and driving by and stopped to ask what we were doing and why. One even brought me a beer, which was great. Lol

Whoa...that's a lot of piles of sh~t! :o

DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre

Post by DevilDawg81 » May 10th, 2021, 8:30 pm

Awesome! Looks good

Jamo
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by Jamo » May 10th, 2021, 10:17 pm

Ed - ha, yes it was! Thankfully it was composted manure, so no odor to speak of.

DD - thank you! Still a work in progress, but coming along nicely.