DevilDawg81’s New Lawn - 2023 Edition

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: DevilDawg81’s New Lawn - Day 73

Post by DevilDawg81 » July 6th, 2023, 8:37 pm

I haven’t had my sprinklers running for weeks now. We are getting rain about every other day. About a week ago (maybe closer to 10 days) temps were in the 70s. I sprayed quinclorac to knock out some weeds. For the most part I’m pleased with the outcome. I can’t wait to get this in the fall nitrogen plan later this year.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Re: DevilDawg81’s New Lawn - Day 73

Post by edslawn » July 8th, 2023, 5:12 pm

DevilDawg81 wrote:
July 6th, 2023, 8:37 pm
I haven’t had my sprinklers running for weeks now. We are getting rain about every other day. About a week ago (maybe closer to 10 days) temps were in the 70s. I sprayed quinclorac to knock out some weeds. For the most part I’m pleased with the outcome. I can’t wait to get this in the fall nitrogen plan later this year.

Looks like your timing was good and the weather is cooperating now. Most of June was awful for me but lately my grass is wet and happy. Sounds like you are having a similar weather pattern.

DevilDawg81
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 2 acre-5 acre

Re: DevilDawg81’s New Lawn - 2023 Edition

Post by DevilDawg81 » July 8th, 2023, 7:56 pm

Yes sir, very much the same pattern here. I’ve been putting down fungicide to combat the moisture/red thread and that’s seemed to help. And I’m back to mowing every 2-3 days again.

I’ll take it though because I was getting some pretty ugly turf at the end of May. We had 3 weeks of no rain.

I’m just hoping we get a wet fall. Last year we got no precipitation and I couldn’t really get the fall nitrogen regimen going