NEEM OIL

texasweed

NEEM OIL

Post by texasweed » April 29th, 2013, 1:00 pm

OK this is not a question, just a recommendation for insect and disease control of your prized veggies and flowers.

70% Neem Oil is a Broad Spectrum Fungicide, Insecticide, and Miticide. It is a completely organic and safe for humans, pets, wild life, and good critters. It will not harm the good guys like Praying Mantis, Bees, Lady Bugs, and Earth Worms. Does no harm to the soil when used properly.

For insects it is both a repellent and kills insects and mites who eats the vegetation it is applied to for up to two weeks when properly applied. It also is effective as a fungicide and eliminates Powdery Mildew, Rust, Early/Late Blight, and Black Spot.

The trick is using a 70% product mixed @ 2 Tablespoons per gallon of water in a sprayer. Use every two week and thoroughly coat top and bottom size of leaves, fruit, and stems.

A good source of Neem Oil at reasonable prices is made by Southern Ag Triple Action Neem Oil and can be purchased locally at all Home Depots for about $9 for 8 ounces.

Product PDF http://www.southernag.com/docs/labels_msds/Neem-pt.pdf
HD Link for picture of what you are looking for. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southern-Ag- ... X6nAG07fwk

mattya
Grass Type: Bewitched, Prosperity, Moonlight SLT
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: NEEM OIL

Post by mattya » April 29th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Sweet, thanks for the suggestion TW!

John_in_SC
Grass Type: Miscellaneous warm season

Post by John_in_SC » April 29th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Tried it out... Didn't do anything I could pin down... Downside is that the stuff I had stank of rotten onions...

I had much better luck with good cultural practices.... Lower planting densities, not using tight cages that scrunch up all the foliage, and keeping plantings out of places that chronically suffer from wet feet...

Thanks

texasweed

Post by texasweed » April 29th, 2013, 11:21 pm

John_in_SC wrote:Tried it out... Didn't do anything I could pin down... Downside is that the stuff I had stank of rotten onions...
Interesting because Neem Oil smells like citrus or an orange.

HanLawn
Grass Type: COCHISE IV,FALCON V,FAITH TTTF + KBG

Post by HanLawn » April 29th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Used Neem oil last year on some Holly bushes that had scale insects.....it worked.

gsweater
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF

Post by gsweater » September 14th, 2013, 12:02 pm

texasweed wrote:
John_in_SC wrote:Tried it out... Didn't do anything I could pin down... Downside is that the stuff I had stank of rotten onions...
Interesting because Neem Oil smells like citrus or an orange.
:confused: Hmmm. If yours smells like citrus, it's either not Neem or it's not pure because it's mixed out with something else. Pure Neem most definitely smells of rotted onions - always.

texasweed

Post by texasweed » September 15th, 2013, 10:27 am

gsweater wrote: :confused: Hmmm. If yours smells like citrus, it's either not Neem or it's not pure because it's mixed out with something else. Pure Neem most definitely smells of rotted onions - always.
They add citrus oil or Rose Water to get rid of the sulfur odor. You can even buy Neem Oil bath soap bars.