Watering schedule for hemlock hedges....

Learn about evergreen and deciduous trees here
northeastlawn
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Watering schedule for hemlock hedges....

Post by northeastlawn » June 25th, 2016, 7:18 pm

Apologies if hedges belongs in a different forum, but when I tried to get info on these they seem to consider Hemlock trees and hemlock hedges the same thing.....

I am located in SE Massachusetts and we have some Hemlock Hedges in the front of the house in mostly shade. The whole area has mulch to keep in the water. I am told they are at least 10+ years old and trimmed to be about 3'-4' high.

Every year they go nuts, but they have been slowly taking over the walk and hell strips. I might have made the mistake of cutting one too much, and I am starting to see it stress and loose leaves.

Normally they are in the shade and I don't have to water these, but since I may have one or two hurting, are there any suggestions on how long and how often I should water these?

I was able to ID these, but haven't been able to find a lot of info on them. I see them everywhere, but I guess they are considered boring and don't get much attention in the land scape circles. I couldn't find much on pruning them and taking care of them.