Learn about evergreen and deciduous trees here
purepearl32
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

First year citrus tree's

Post by purepearl32 » October 18th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first time with growing citrus trees, here in Arizona and I'm looking for any advice on what to do, what to avoid, and good general practices to take care of these things. All of the trees were 5 gallon tress from a local nursery, except for the 15 gallon Rio Red Grapefruit, and were planted at the beginning of this spring and have survived the heat of the summer. I have mostly hard clay so I dug large holes and refilled with half citrus planting mix and half native soil. Other than the Rio Red, the other trees are a Valencia orange, Ruby Red grapefruit, and a tango mandarin. They are on drip irrigation and were fertilized with about a cup of Milorganite at the end of September.

Basically my questions are, from the pictures or from what I'm saying, do you guy see anything I need to be doing to help these citrus trees flourish? Also, what are some good watering practices? I'm confused at how to tell if I'm overwatering or underwatering. The orange tree lost a good amount of leaves in the last couple months but the new growth looks good. The others have had some normal leaf drop but nothing crazy. Also, there is some yellowing in the orange and grapefruit trees. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT....I can't get pictures to upload. Bear with me, please...

purepearl32
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: First year citrus tree's

Post by purepearl32 » October 19th, 2016, 3:22 pm

I am still getting a "you do not have permission to access this page" error message so I may not be able to upload pictures but will keep trying. Any help from what I've described would be great. Thanks.