Learn about evergreen and deciduous trees here
PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Dormant Spray Timing

Post by PSU4ME » March 2nd, 2017, 9:50 am

Hi folks,
I have two apple trees and two peach trees and i want to get a dormant spray on them (i know the leach doesn't need it). My question is about timing and temps.

I think the timing right now is good....we have had some really warm days (in the 60's for MA) but we are dropping back down into the teens and single digits this weekend.

I've read that you can apply it when daily temps are around 40 degrees but i didn't see anything about night/morning temps......looks like for the next week or so i will get that daily temp but it drops to freezing or slightly below at night.

Thoughts and or experience?

Thanks -my location is central MA

chrismar
Grass Type: Front: KBG / Back: TTTF
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Experienced

Re: Dormant Spray Timing

Post by chrismar » March 2nd, 2017, 10:34 am

Following...

I have a few apple trees as well and one of them had a bad a cedar apple rust problem last year. I wasn't planning on doing a dormant spray, but I'm interested to learn more about it. :)

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Dormant Spray Timing

Post by PSU4ME » March 2nd, 2017, 4:29 pm

I'm doing a dormant oil spray and i also picked up some copper fungicide and a fire blight spray. Between my apples and peaches i'll use those. Last year was the initial grow out of my trees as they we planted as whips......they ended up getting gypsy moths bad so i have BT as well.....hopefully a little more prepared this year.