Fire Plant

laadams85
Grass Type: TF, KBG, Rye grass
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Fire Plant

Post by laadams85 » September 18th, 2016, 9:13 am

Had a really fun experience when I was visiting family this summer. A friend of ours invited us over out of the blue on the only windless night. I was curious about what we were going to see but they said the kids would love it. When we got there the owner grab a box of matches and we went into the gardens in the back. They then light the match and brought it close to the stalk of this plant that was going to seed. And whoosh the flame traveled up the plant in burst. It was fun for the kids and we got to do see this for a few dozen plants. The dictamnus is a perennial plant that produces a flammable substance. During still nights you can actually light it. We were lucky enough to take a child plant that was growing. Apparently the larger plants are very difficult to transplant because they have a very deep tap root. Seeds are available but they take a long time to grow. If you every get the chance to see one they sure are a lot of fun. Ours has just started growing a lot in the last few weeks. I think they must enjoy the moist cool weather.