Cedar Oil for Tick Control?

Bales9er
Grass Type: Lesco Double Eagle PR
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Some Experience

Cedar Oil for Tick Control?

Post by Bales9er » April 30th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Looking into natural repellents for ticks and stumbled upon Wondercide (cedar oil). Anyone have experience with cedar oil and its effectiveness in controlling ticks? Specifically looking to use it as a yard/perimeter spray.

73Chall
Grass Type: Tall Fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Cedar Oil for Tick Control?

Post by 73Chall » June 23rd, 2017, 2:26 am

Watching this thread with interest.

My problem is chiggers (both are arachnid family members, IIRC)

I put down cypress mulch inside a 4' x 100' footpath leading down to our freshwater lake and, darned if it is not appearing I may have unintentionally created a harbor place for ticks and chiggers!!!

Very interested in cedar oil OR ANYBESSENTIAL OIL anyone can share their experience with OP (and the rest of us!)

OP, I would be considering beneficial nematodes but for the fact nematodes attack subterranean pests and ticks (and chiggers) are not "in the soil." Bummer. I'd love to sock Beneficial nematode's on em!

FelipeAllen
Grass Type: Rye grass
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Cedar Oil for Tick Control?

Post by FelipeAllen » August 16th, 2018, 1:04 am

Chiggers are most active when the weather is very warm and hence during such seasons, it is advisable to trim of the grass in the garden. Spraying a good insecticide all over the garden might destruct the area. Be careful to cover every part of the skin when you are going to spray.