Water Bubbling Out

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
jim00456
Grass Type: fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Water Bubbling Out

Post by jim00456 » August 26th, 2021, 5:31 pm

When I run sprinkler zone 7 on the boulevard, lots of water bubbles out of ground in the main yard by the Zone 5 and 6 sprinklers, and nothing comes out of zone 7 sprinklers. All the zones seem to work fine, except 7. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Water Bubbling Out

Post by MorpheusPA » August 26th, 2021, 6:36 pm

That sounds like one of the connections has broken, or the pipe has a hole in it. I'd contact the installer to see if they can take a look at it for you. Or, dig where the water is first seen if you DIY and backtrack from there.

ENVY23
Grass Type: KBG: Midnight, Bluebank, Mazama
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Water Bubbling Out

Post by ENVY23 » August 27th, 2021, 11:09 pm

I agree with Morpheus. You’ve got a leak in the line that runs from the valve to Zone 7. It only leaks when you turn on Zone 7 because unlike a main line, there’s no water running in that specific pipe until the zone is turned on. Whether you do it yourself or call someone it has to be dug up either way, so I’d dig it up and see if it’s something you’re confident you can fix yourself or if you’d rather call a professional. Either way I’d at least get my eyes on the problem in an effort to get an understanding of what caused it.