New Lawn Irrigation System

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
tsfrance
Grass Type: I don't know
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: New Lawn Irrigation System

Post by tsfrance » October 22nd, 2016, 10:05 pm

I did look into the one he uses and it said it's for areas where you freeze, which would be here.

tsfrance

Post by tsfrance » October 25th, 2016, 2:19 pm

I have everything I need but my knee is bothering me so it will be a few days before I did the last trench.

It is true that the Y faucet splitter does reduce pressure. With that on it reduced pressure from 10.5 gallons a minute down to 6.0 gpm. I assume that if the MP 3000 will use a total of 4.5 gmp that I should still be ok. Hope so. I also cut the size down to 30x30.

I only needed two fittings to make the connection. One that reduces the 1 inch pvc to 3/4" and then will let a 3/4" fitting screw in that is pipe thread on one end and hose thread on the other. The leader hose i bought has both female ends.

tsfrance

Post by tsfrance » October 31st, 2016, 3:45 pm

Ok. Happy to report that sprinklers are all in and the pressure is great even with a timer on the bib and it covers nicely. I have protected all 4 of the risers and now I will just wait for the spring to lay the sod.

One funny thing from an rookie though. I did not see the 4 nozzles in the box and I tested the sprinklers out with just those plastic green things on them and my reaction was, oh man, the pressure really is an issue and something is wrong. About 20 minutes later I found the nozzles.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me, I really appreciate it.

Tom

J_nick
Grass Type: Bermuda

Post by J_nick » November 1st, 2016, 1:20 am

It's a good thing you ran it like that first. Flushed the system before the nozzles got on there. Glad to hear everything is working :good: