Orbit B-hyve WiFi Timer Controler

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
green thumb
Grass Type: Kentucky Blue Mix
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Orbit B-hyve WiFi Timer Controler

Post by green thumb » April 26th, 2017, 5:50 pm

i recently purchased the Orbit B-hyve WiFi Timer Controler 6 zone version and i am very impressed. i will keep an update to this post as to any changes in the future. you must check the specifications if your looking for a timer with basic needs and water sense control (check for EPA rebates). i have looked at other brands and was surprised users would pay up to $300 for what the B-hyve can do. very sturdy weatherproof unit and excellent free application software that has been updated recently based on customers complaints... the support for this device is US based and free with live chat.

likes so far: $90.00 for six zone, two year warranty, build quality, app. is very user friendly, online web based control is easy as registering, set up was insanely fast, strong wifi bridge, full control at the timer with large lcd screen (unlit), heavy duty grounded power cord, USA made, available locally (HD, lowes) and it works when i want it to unlike my old irrigation caddy.
dislikes: compared to the rachio... their software is better. obviously if you need all that data open your wallet...
only supports up to 12 valves.
if your shopping for a timer you must check it out....
http://bhyve.orbitonline.com/

Click for full size

Spammage
Grass Type: Zoysia/Bermuda

Re: Orbit B-hyve WiFi Timer Controler

Post by Spammage » April 26th, 2017, 8:56 pm

My father just purchased the 12 zone version and has also been pleased with it. I think most of the more expensive purchases were made prior to the availability of the Orbit. I do think my Rainmachine is a little more versatile, but if I were buying today I would seriously consider the Orbit because of the low price.

green thumb
Grass Type: Kentucky Blue Mix

Post by green thumb » July 26th, 2017, 9:08 am

after 3 plus months of use the controller has been trouble free and android application software has been updated two or three times. real time update works within two seconds. the online web interface has been updated and worked without any delays. some updates to the app have included a pro line of operation for multiple location and different log in names ($9.99 pro version). i believe their is a 16 zone pro version controller that has been available from the originator of the device "hydro-rain" (see link below) i haven't used any water saving features but their available. amazon alexia compatible is a nice feature added. as stated in my original review... has all the features i need and built to last. still impressed with this controller.

16 zone "pro version"
http://bhyve.hydrorain.com/

PW405
Grass Type: Primary: TTTF (blend), KBG. Bermuda (hellstrip)
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Experienced

Post by PW405 » August 5th, 2017, 12:51 pm

Certainly seems like a worthy competitor to the Rachio. I actually like that it has controls and screen on the device too. I picked up an 8 zone rachio on sale for $150, and have been pleased, but this seems like it does all the same stuff at a better value.

Bens
Grass Type: bermuda

Re: Orbit B-hyve WiFi Timer Controller rain sensor

Post by Bens » August 29th, 2020, 9:24 am

I recently purchased the b-hyve controller model number 57950. The hard-wired physical rain sensor is not working. When I connect the rain sensor my programs will not turn on. I turned on the rain sensor by pressing the RAIN DELAY button on the timer for 5 seconds until SENS ON flashes. I need this to work as the smart watering rain delay is very inaccurate. My already wet lawn is being watered.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » August 29th, 2020, 9:36 am

Did you contact the vendor/manufacturer for tech support?

BTW, something is very wrong with your Profile - you're showing a Bermuda lawn in NYC. The odds of that being correct are microscopic. Please revisit the profile and make corrections.