Sprinker Booster Pump question

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
Greenwillow
Grass Type: Buffalo
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Sprinker Booster Pump question

Post by Greenwillow » March 4th, 2020, 4:10 pm

I'm in Zone 8, high desert, NM. I installed a little above ground drip system to keep a few trees alive through our hot, dry summers. But, I'm getting older and hired someone to keep the weeds down and pick the leaves up in my yard. They do a good job but repeatedly have cut or damaged the drip system. To resolve this problem, I dug in a four-sprinkler irrigation system - single straight line. I attached it directly to a spigot, rather than dig in and set up a zone system because that's just more work than I thought I could do plus the direct water source is at the far side of my property from the spot I wish to water.

Got the system working and apparently the pressure isn't strong enough. The sprayers were supposed to reach up to 50 feet. I'm getting 15 and need closer to 25 feet.

I'm on a well systems. The gauge on my blue tank says 50 psi The faucet I am using for the sprinkler system reads 35-50 psi. Not sure why the difference,but the watering result is still short of what I need and expected.

MY QUESTION IS IN REGARD TO Sprinkler booster pumps like this. Will this improve my sprinkler distance? Also, can I safely use it on a well system? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Superior-Pump- ... 1000997286

I believe the house piping is 1/2 inch, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!