Sprinkl

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
ENVY23
Grass Type: KBG: Midnight, Bluebank, Mazama
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Sprinkl

Post by ENVY23 » April 4th, 2020, 11:59 am

Anyone heard of it? Seems to be a fairly new controller. Seems like your usual smart controller that will delay irrigation based on forecast from local weather stations like the Rachio, but unlike Rachio you can attach your own on-site rain sensor to be used in conjunction with local PWSs, as opposed to having to rely solely on other PWSs(or uploading your own). On top of that, they have optional wireless soil moisture/temperature sensors($45/ea) with a 6yr battery life, and also use that in conjunction with weather conditions to determine when to water. Moisture levels are taken at 1”, 3”, and 5” and you can see the current soil moisture/temperature right on your phone. Seems very interesting. Anyone have any experience with it? I was contemplating upgrading to the Rachio 3, but now that I’ve found this I’m torn. lol The Rachio is proven and this seems like a fairly new company, yet it looks promising.

My old RainBird has a rainfall gauge that measures on site rainfall and adjusts water accordingly, but it lacks the ability to predict future weather so I have to manually shut it off if rain is coming. It also lacks any sort of WiFi connectivity, so controlling it from my smartphone is a no go, I have to be home to turn it off. Anyone have any more info on the Sprinkl? Their site doesn’t get into much detail, but App Store and Amazon reviews seem great.