The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
Bobalou
Grass Type: marathon2
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

long park Strip sprinkler setup questions

Post by Bobalou » March 25th, 2021, 5:42 pm

greetings! first post here:
so I have a park strip that's a about 7 feet wide by 72 feet long. I'm contemplating alternating sprinklers every 8 feet using both sides of park strip to minimize water spraying either into street or sidewalk if I only used one side. however, every 8 feet on both sides leaves me a total of 18 sprinkler heads. the park strip is set up on its own zone. the previous owner's had 30 year old metal sprinklers only on one side (side walk) which didn't cover enough side to side and over sprayed into street when turned up enough. the water pressure for the old school sprinklers were more than enough as I needed to turn it down so it wouldn't go into street. they had one row of 7 heads. I guess my question is regarding the 18 heads I would need at 8 feet apart? it seems like a lot of heads. also they had 3/4 inch pvc coming into strip from under sidewalk. the 3/4 inch ran for about the first 10 feet of the strip, then transitioned down to 1/2 inch pvc the remaining 62 feet. I wasn't sure if that was done to increase pressure down the line? should i use 3/4 inch pvc the entire run as it horse shoes one end and up the other utilizing 18 heads 8 feet apart?