Waterlogged

The place to discuss irrigation systems, sprinkers and watering
iadali
Grass Type: I don't know
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Waterlogged

Post by iadali » June 26th, 2023, 6:05 pm

I have had a water logging problem since my neighbor started up his sprinkler system. Unfortunately my neighbor turns out not to be the sort who cares much (the response I got was: "why don't you install a pump into the street"). So it seems I'm left to my own devices.
My property sits a little lower than his and the topsoil here is just a few inches deep sitting on red clay. Fortunately I had installed a PVC pipe leading from the side to the backyard years ago otherwise the water would in in my basement rather than the yard. So one possibility is to inter a receptacle and put a pump in there. That seems like a lot of trouble and I'm not sure where I would divert the water to anyway. Perhaps I would send it back over but then most likely it would find a way back again (though perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it's way in the back).
Either way I've been thinking in terms of trying to find the exact point at which the water is making its way through from his property. The area of possibility is not large. It's about 30 feet or so long and couldn't be deeper than my PVC pipe the top of which is perhaps six to twelve inches down. It's not clear what I could do about it even if I found it - that's another matter.
So my question here is: Is there some way of pinpointing the point of entry without digging a trench? I have thought about finding some electronic water detection equipment or just drilling a few holes along the property line and trying to detect it either visually or by sticking something into the hole(s).

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Waterlogged

Post by MorpheusPA » July 3rd, 2023, 9:37 pm

As soon as you say "water" and "property," the only response should be "get a professional to evaluate this." We can't say much about the pitch of your land or where the water is entering or exiting, nor the laws that cover this in your locale.

Spitballing on the topic doesn't really help.