BBQ Sauce Recipes

The place to share culinary tips and advice
Dave76
Grass Type: Tif419 - P77
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes

Post by Dave76 » July 1st, 2012, 8:41 am

Cheesto wrote:The best ribs I ever ate were prepared from this website. Tons of recipes, rubs, sauces, etc. I have a St. Louis cut rack of ribs sitting in the fridge thirsty for some Memphis Dust rub.
Thanks for the link, I'll look around that site when I get the chance. When the first thing you see at a site is "If you boil ribs the terrorists win", then you know the guy knows something.

I cringed a little when the guy gave instructions on how to BBQ with a propane grill. While I can't argue with his instructions, it just ain't right to BBQ with propane. Yeah, I realize that some folks only have a propane grill but real BBQ demands a real wood fire.

I have a Weber propane grill, but it's used only for grilling (not BBQ) and only when I'm in a bit of a hurry. Even for steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc, I much prefer the real wood. BTW, there IS a difference in grilling and BBQ'ing. I cringe when someone tells me that they BBQ'd last night and had hamburgers and hot dogs.

I've owned a LifeTyme smoker for about 10 yrs (http://www.lyfetyme.com/pits.html#). Before that, I used an Old Smokey (http://oldsmokey.com/). If you don't want to spend the money or don't have the space for a real smoker, I highly recommend the Old Smokey. They cost less than $50 and they're much better, IMO, than a gas grill for BBQ.

I still use my Old Smokey regularly. In fact, for chicken and turkey, I prefer it over my smoker.

bbowman
Grass Type: Tif-419
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes

Post by bbowman » June 4th, 2013, 10:39 am

TW,

I used your TX sauce this weekend with a few tweeks and it was a big hit, thanks! I apparently had the juiciest lemons ever grown so the lemon taste was initially overpowering so I had a touch more vinegar, ketchup, drop of liquid smoke and half a beer to thin it down a little since it was being used on brisket.