Moss between my bricks

A Forum about landscaping around man-made objects
Abyss
Grass Type: Midnight II and Northstar out back
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Moss between my bricks

Post by Abyss » September 4th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Is it a little weird that I am completely over the top excited about the moss that decided to show up in my brick walkway this year?

ken-n-nancy
Grass Type: Front: KBG (Bewitched+Prosperity); Side: Bewitched KBG; Back: Fine Fescue Blend + Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Re: Moss between my bricks

Post by ken-n-nancy » September 5th, 2017, 9:11 am

Abyss wrote:
September 4th, 2017, 5:59 pm
Is it a little weird that I am completely over the top excited about the moss that decided to show up in my brick walkway this year...
Nice! Some love the moss between the bricks for the character - others don't. Liking it sure is less work and has an old-world charm!

Pway
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Pway » September 5th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Abyss wrote:
Is it a little weird that I am completely over the top excited about the moss that decided to show up in my brick walkway this year?

If you like the look, great. I have two brick walks and a brick patio so I spray dithiopyr twice a year and it keeps the moss, weeds, etc out.

Abyss
Grass Type: Midnight II and Northstar out back
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by Abyss » September 5th, 2017, 3:04 pm

ken-n-nancy wrote:
September 5th, 2017, 9:11 am
Abyss wrote:
Is it a little weird that I am completely over the top excited about the moss that decided to show up in my brick walkway this year...
Nice! Some love the moss between the bricks for the character - others don't. Liking it sure is less work and has an old-world charm!

Yeah, I'm usually not the biggest fan of moss, spent years using muriatic acid and a stiff room cleaning it off my grandmothers brick patio every year when I was younger.

I think if it would start to cover the tops of the bricks I would get rid of it, but with the 130 year old brick, it has a very aesthetically pleasing look to it

Pway
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Pway » September 5th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Abyss wrote:
September 5th, 2017, 3:04 pm
ken-n-nancy wrote:
September 5th, 2017, 9:11 am
Abyss wrote:

Yeah, I'm usually not the biggest fan of moss, spent years using muriatic acid and a stiff room cleaning it off my grandmothers brick patio every year when I was younger.

I think if it would start to cover the tops of the bricks I would get rid of it, but with the 130 year old brick, it has a very aesthetically pleasing look to it
Sounds really nice!