Help with weed(s) ID, please

A forum to learn and discuss the importance of lawn care basics
theglassguy
Grass Type: Bermuda and unknown
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Help with weed(s) ID, please

Post by theglassguy » October 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm

My backyard is like one of those African ant colonies; it’s a single, living organism made up of countless weeds of varying type.

I’d like some help IDing them so I might better kill them. There is definitely clover and crabgrass, but any idea what else is hiding in there?

Marinegrunt
Grass Type: TTTF + 10% KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Help with weed(s) ID, please

Post by Marinegrunt » October 16th, 2017, 7:22 am

Check the Triangle Approach out. It's located in the articles section. https://aroundtheyard.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=117

Since winter is right around the corner you could just let the weeds die off. If you get a good pre emergent down such as Dimension or Barricade you can prevent them from coming back up. There's an article on pre em's in the article section.

Be sure to read through the many posts on here. You can learn so much just from what others have been through.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » October 16th, 2017, 10:00 am

The triangle approach article is largely geared towards northern lawns, so keep that in mind if you read it.

Warm season lawns are different. I've seen a lot of them almost exclusively use Celsius, but obviously they'll offer you more details than i would as a cool season guy. The search function will bring up lots of results on Celsius.

theglassguy
Grass Type: Bermuda and unknown

Post by theglassguy » October 16th, 2017, 1:24 pm

I was wondering about my “warm season” grass. Since it’s only likely to freeze a few times, should I assume I’m maintaining the yard all year? Not that I mind coming from Buffalo where the grass sits under 7 feet of snow for 8 months, but I’m trying to decide if I need to winterize my grass or maintain per usual.

kevreh
Grass Type: Front Yard: 2013 TTTF reno (faith, cochise, turbo, ls1200), Back: 2013 KBG reno (bewitched, midnight, prosperity)

Post by kevreh » March 13th, 2018, 11:23 am

theglassguy wrote:
October 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm
My backyard is like one of those African ant colonies; it’s a single, living organism made up of countless weeds of varying type.

I’d like some help IDing them so I might better kill them. There is definitely clover and crabgrass, but any idea what else is hiding in there?

Is this some type of test? loo

Dandelion
Guessing Bittercress, could be wrong
Looks like crabgrass, but the photo is zoomed in a lot

kevreh
Grass Type: Front Yard: 2013 TTTF reno (faith, cochise, turbo, ls1200), Back: 2013 KBG reno (bewitched, midnight, prosperity)

Post by kevreh » March 13th, 2018, 11:38 am

Can't edit my post for some reason, but I would like to change #2 to chickweed. And meant to say "lol", not "loo". :roll: