Bi-weekly Milorgranite and liming schedule?

A forum to learn and discuss the importance of lawn care basics
Trike007
Grass Type: PRG, FF
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Some Experience

Bi-weekly Milorgranite and liming schedule?

Post by Trike007 » June 15th, 2018, 2:37 pm

I'm on year 2 of taking the lawn seriously, but still pretty new to all of this. I got my soil test analysis done a couple months ago and Andy gave me a regime of nutrients to apply. Thanks for this great forum, my lawn is really starting to shape up! What I didn't account for is nitrogen volatilization when applying lime. Back in mid April, I applied milo, SOP, boron, manganese, solucal lime, and epsom salt at the same time. I've been applying milo bi-weekly at bag rate ever since. My next application of Mag-i-cal is in mid July. Now realizing that I should have waited 2 weeks before applying the Milo, I'm trying to figure out what I should do with the biweekly milo apps. Should I just skip the one milo application, or apply double the milo app 2 weeks before applying Mag-i-cal? Does SOP also volatilize if applied at the same time as lime?

Thanks!

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Bi-weekly Milorgranite and liming schedule?

Post by andy10917 » June 15th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Volatlize? No. Interact poorly? Maybe. You'd have to study Mulder's Chart and decide where to draw the line of "too much".

Dchall_San_Antonio
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 5000-10000
Level: Advanced

Re: Bi-weekly Milorgranite and liming schedule?

Post by Dchall_San_Antonio » June 19th, 2018, 1:08 pm

You're overthinking it. Studying Mulder's Chart (I think Andy is making up words) would really be overthinking it. Furthermore it seems like you are racing to the finish line. There is no finish line. Skip a milo or two until you think it's time to do it again.