Show us your Lawn

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
LeftField11
Grass Type: KBG - Bewitched, Blueberry, Prosperity
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

Re: Show us your Lawn

Post by LeftField11 » November 3rd, 2016, 2:22 pm

kbgfarmer wrote:Thanks leftfield. Think the lawn looks better in pic than person. Or I'm just too critical and anal to appreciate it. My lawn is a northern mix which based on the research is probably mostly PR based on its ability to dominate although I have no way to quantify this. In terms of quackgrass the areas that I sprayed left holes in the lawn but the quackgrass definitely died and the desirable grass is slowly filling in. If you look closely in the second pic I posted you will see thin areas. These areas were a lot larger after the certainty apps. Mind you I only spot sprayed. It was a test to see how certainty works. I still have quite a bit of quackgrass in other areas that I didn't spray. Also the area behind the tree in the first pic was almost all quack and I attacked that last year with certainty with same results and the grass filled in without any overseeding. So it works using spot spraying but you have to be ok with having large dead areas for some time that will either have to be reseeded or just wait to fill in. I would say late August or fall would be a great time to attack quack with certainty since if it's hurt it may not be able to survive winter due to lack of carb reserves. I used .5/oz acre in two apps separated by 14 days. Hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the reply, that does help. I'm going to paint the quack that I can, but I'm sure that I'll miss some of it. If I use Certainty next spring, I'll be spot spraying it. I think that quack will be an ongoing problem from what I've read about it. My neighbors on either side have it everywhere.

GeorgiaDad
Grass Type: Frontyard: Award, NuChicago, Midnight. kbg Backyard: Mutt Fescue with a little Midnight kbg thrown in.
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by GeorgiaDad » November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am

llO0DQLE wrote:
kbgfarmer wrote:These are some pics of back lawn Nov 1st 2017
Can you please let us know what the weather conditions will be from March 2017 to November 1, 2017?
:rotfl: I think he missed it. I too would like to know. I hope our drought ends by then. :blackeye:

kbgfarmer
Grass Type: Bewitched Kentucky bluegrass
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by kbgfarmer » November 4th, 2016, 11:21 am

llO0DQLE wrote:
kbgfarmer wrote:These are some pics of back lawn Nov 1st 2017
Can you please let us know what the weather conditions will be from March 2017 to November 1, 2017?
Lol I did miss that one! Oops. Guess I'm not so good with dates :rotfl:

llO0DQLE
Grass Type: KBG and Creeping Red Fescue
Lawn Size: 1000-3000

Post by llO0DQLE » November 4th, 2016, 1:18 pm

:rotfl: