First time user of Prodiamine 65 WDG

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
micvog
Grass Type: Mazama Monostand
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Some Experience

First time user of Prodiamine 65 WDG

Post by micvog » February 16th, 2017, 3:29 pm

I am getting ready to line up some supplies for the upcoming season, including a pre-M. In the past I have used granular Dimension but I am thinking of switching to Prodiamine 65 WDG this year due to the lower cost.

My question is how to water it in using hose sprinklers. I will need to drag my hoses/sprinklers across the lawn for the 0.5" irrigation to activate the pre-M. Do I do this immediately after spraying, or do I first wait for the "restricted entry interval" of 12 hours?

From what I have found split-apps don't seem to be as necessary with Prodiamine. I was planning on a single Spring (probably last weekend of March) and a single Fall app (probably early August), both at 0.5#/A. Annual limit for bluegrass per the Quali-Pro label is 1.5#/A. Anything else I should know?

Thanks.
Last edited by micvog on February 17th, 2017, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tlinden
Grass Type: Bewitched, Blue Velvet, Prosperity
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: First time user of Prodiamine 64 WDG

Post by tlinden » February 16th, 2017, 4:04 pm

You can water it in right away. The takeaway is the barrier isn't "complete" until it's watered in good. I believe you can put it down and not water it in right away too, but then you are waiting on mother nature to get it watered in properly.

j4c11
Grass Type: Speedway/Rhambler/ Barvette HGT
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: First time user of Prodiamine 64 WDG

Post by j4c11 » February 16th, 2017, 4:21 pm

I simply apply prodiamine right before a rain. Last time it started raining while I was about half way through spraying. Worked great.

micvog
Grass Type: Mazama Monostand
Lawn Size: 1000-3000

Re: First time user of Prodiamine 65 WDG

Post by micvog » February 17th, 2017, 11:21 am

Ok... hopefully the timing will work out. If not, I will put down the pre-M in the evening, wait over-night to allow for the "re-entry interval", and then water it in the next morning. My concern was getting pre-M on the outside of the hoses and ultimately my hands.

bauer time
Grass Type: TTTF/KBG mix
Lawn Size: 5000-10000

Re: First time user of Prodiamine 65 WDG

Post by bauer time » February 18th, 2017, 9:26 am

Wow...thanks for the post, I was literally ready to post this exact question this morning! Just received my Prodiamine and didn't feel like busting out my hoses until the grass needed watering. Once the forsythia blooms it looks like I will be waiting for the next good rain.