Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

PICS of Fungus... how to treat this?

Post by Ric Clint » May 29th, 2017, 11:42 pm

I'm gonna link 4 different Pics...
** Pics 1-2 is of the same leaf/leafs
** Pic 3 is of a different leaf
** Pic 4 is of a different leaf

Before anybody says anything... I know in the first Pic that I need to "sharpen" my lawn mower blades, lol.

A little back story, I did my Lawn Renovation last Fall (October 2016) and then I overseeded this Spring (2017) to try and thicken things up some more. I have in-ground irrigation and have been watering regularly to grow the new seedlings up to get them mature enough for the upcoming summer heat. Plus we have had a bunch of rain in the last 5-6 weeks. My grass is TTTF (Cochise IV and Bullseye).

In Pic 2, two of the leafs are still green and look fine (except for 1 tiny little "black" spot on one of the green leafs which can be seen if you zoom in to the leaf on the right side of that Pic), but one of the other leafs is starting to turn yellow, and one of the other leafs looks rotten.

In Pic 3, the leaf is starting to discolor a little bit.

In Pic 4, the leaf is pretty much looking like it's fighting for it's life.

So...
What Fungus do I have in these Pics? And how should I treat it?

Can I treat these diseases with something I can get at Lowes/Home Depot or do I "have" to go to Site One Landscaping (formerly known as John Deere Landscapes). I know Site One carries some granular fungicides like Heritage G (Azoxystrobin) as well as Headway G (Azoxystrobin & Propiconazole) but they are kind of expensive compared to the Lowes/Home Depots granular products such as Bayer Advanced Fungus Control (Propiconazole 0.51% -- bag says it Cures & Prevents for 1-month) and the Scotts Lawn Fungus Control (Thiophanate-methyl 2.30% -- bag says it Prevents & Controls for 2-3 weeks).

Now in my stash, I do have some Liquid Spray Fungicide called Patch-Pro (14.3 Propiconazole)

So would it makes sense to go ahead and do BOTH a Granular application AND Liquid application on the same day, or would that be too much fungicide?
My thought process on this is that applying the Granular would help at "preventing" future diseases, and Spraying the Liquid would help at "curing" current diseases... (for example: the Granular for "preventing" diseases by getting down in the roots and the Liquid Spray for "curing" diseases by coating the foliar diseases that have already occurred on the leafs). Is this a correct assessment?

If so, then would I be safe to apply one of the granular Fungicides from Lowes/Home Depot like maybe the Scotts Lawn Fungus Control (Thiophanate-methyl 2.30% -- bag says it Prevents & Controls for 2-3 weeks) for the "roots and prevention" and then apply the liquid Patch-Pro (14.3 Propiconazole) for the "foliar and curing"? And then maybe 2 weeks later I could switch up the granular and drop an application of Bayer Advanced Fungus Control (Propiconazole 0.51% -- bag says it Cures & Prevents for 1-month)?

Thoughts???

The 4 PICS will be linked in the next post right after this one (for some reason this site wont let me link these 4 PICS in this post???)

Ric Clint
Grass Type: TTTF Mix of Cochise IV & Bullseye

Re: PICS of Fungus... how to treat this?

Post by Ric Clint » May 30th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Ric Clint

Post by Ric Clint » May 30th, 2017, 12:10 pm

McLovin
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Novice

Post by McLovin » May 30th, 2017, 9:54 pm

#5 looks like brown patch to me. I have a mild outbreak and sprayed Disarm M yesterday.

Here is some info on chemical fungicides:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13904

Ric Clint

Post by Ric Clint » May 30th, 2017, 11:52 pm

#5??? I only have 4 up there, lol.

Were you meaning #4?

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » June 1st, 2017, 10:07 am

Propicanizole is less expensive than Azoxystrobin and does well against BP or leaf spot. You can get an app of that down now while you figure out a longer term fungus program.

Ric Clint

Post by Ric Clint » June 4th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Ok, I think I will go ahead and spray the liquid Propiconazole 14.3. And I am guessing I should do a Blanket Spray, correct? And this maybe a dumb question, but it is okay to use Blue Tracker Dye with liquid Fungicides, right? Just want to make sure before I do this.

Please let me know.

Thanks!