Recommendations for the lesser known products

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Fronta1
Grass Type: Tall fescue
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Recommendations for the lesser known products

Post by Fronta1 » June 21st, 2017, 1:54 am

I'm looking for some guidance on developing an annual schedule. Is there a thread somewhere where members have posted their favorite products and yearly application schedules? Here are some additional specific questions I have so far:

When/how often to use tenacity?
When/how often to use fungicides?

Any other products that you think should be in everyone's regimen?

I'm definitely interested in conditioning the soil to be as healthy as possible, so product recommendations targeting that would be especially appreciated.

Thanks!

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: Recommendations for the lesser known products

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » June 21st, 2017, 9:38 am

The best guidance I have is read up here, get a soil test from logan labs for specific recommendations for your soil, figure out what weeds you have and a strategy to defeat them - along with whatever disease you may have. Read the articles - triangle approach, disease prevention, soil management, nitrogen feeding, winterization.

Lawns are highly variable - there is no one-size-fits-all approach that yields stellar results. Big lawn care companies offer four step programs like this, but the results are limited.

Understand what you have - dirt, grass, weeds, disease - and where you want to go - eventually you'll end up adding the calendar to your compost pile :)

fusebox7
Grass Type: Front: Northern Mix - KBG, PRG, FF | Back: 100% PRG
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Recommendations for the lesser known products

Post by fusebox7 » June 21st, 2017, 10:08 am

I'd also suggest changing one variable at a time to see how your lawn reacts. If you start doing more than one new thing at a time you won't be sure which variable affected what and in what capacity.

For the soil - read the FAQs and Articles sections of the site. You'll want to get edumacated :)