Using a fogger for the lawn?

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Using a fogger for the lawn?

Post by PSU4ME » June 24th, 2017, 11:49 am

I just bought a solo 451 to apply some mosquito repellents to my property. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it to apply foliar apps such as serenade or KH where the amount is not as precise as other applications?

I'm thinking that if a product is appropriately applied using a hose end sprayer than this logger should be good too???

My only concern would be wind and how fast the solution sits down but droplet size would be great for coverage.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever used it or tried.

Marinegrunt
Grass Type: TTTF + 10% KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000

Re: Using a fogger for the lawn?

Post by Marinegrunt » June 24th, 2017, 12:20 pm

I can't say I've used one except for the mosquito fog and nothing like the solo you have. I just have a little handheld fogger that runs off of a propane tank but I love that thing. It works amazing for knocking down the mosquito population. The small handheld is strong enough to get the fog to the tree tops so I can't imagine what that beast of a fogger you have will do! You're gonna have fun using that. :good:

The way the fog kind of hovers around I don't know how well it would work for foliar applications. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone has tried it and how well it works.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » June 24th, 2017, 1:39 pm

I would imagine that you'd lose a lot of the AI if there is the slightest breeze. I actually had a similar thought about pressure washer stuff a few years ago, but dismissed it for the same reason.

Marinegrunt
Grass Type: TTTF + 10% KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000

Post by Marinegrunt » June 24th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Pressure washer is a good thought too. It would probably give better coverage than a fogger because the droplets are bigger. They use pressure washer for foliar apps on trees but you're limited on options there. They have tips specifically for spraying trees. You're pretty much spraying and praying when trying to hit a 100' tall tree whether your using a pressure washer or a dedicated sprayer.

Too bad a fogger won't apply an even coverage because they are just fun to use.

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre

Post by PSU4ME » June 24th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Yeah I agree that the wind could kill it. Wonder if there is any kind of additive that would make it heavier so it would drop faster?