Tank mixing BLSC with Pre Emergent

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
__JT__
Grass Type: Northern Mix (20% each of Midnight, Diva, and Everglade Kentucky bluegrass, and 20% Zodiac chewings fescue and 20% Fiesta 4 perennial ryegrass) with Bewitched mixed into shade
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Experienced

Tank mixing BLSC with Pre Emergent

Post by __JT__ » July 25th, 2017, 8:36 am

Would it be compatible to tank mix BLSC with prodiamine... or with Tenacity (used as pre M)?

SLS and yucca mix only, not the “Kelp Help”. That I mix with Serenade, and apply as a fine mist. For this, I would be using a 20V backpack and a wide angle turbo tee or a flood jet.

I've been doing a lot of spraying, ~10K of turf, so I'm trying to come up with some process efficiency...

MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Level: Advanced

Re: Tank mixing BLSC with Pre Emergent

Post by MorpheusPA » July 25th, 2017, 12:35 pm

In a word, no. Although you'd probably get away with it cold, BLSC is an anionic surfactant. Most pre-ems don't recommend the use of any surfactant at all, while almost every spray that does recommend a surfactant recommend the use of a non-ionic one.

BLSC would mix well with Kelp Help, but that's about it (and you already spray your KH with Serenade, where I also wouldn't use BLSC due to the saltiness), and I'd avoid use with any other sprays used on the lawn.

__JT__
Grass Type: Northern Mix (20% each of Midnight, Diva, and Everglade Kentucky bluegrass, and 20% Zodiac chewings fescue and 20% Fiesta 4 perennial ryegrass) with Bewitched mixed into shade
Level: Experienced

Re: Tank mixing BLSC with Pre Emergent

Post by __JT__ » July 25th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Thanks!