Serenade - Reapply after watering

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
mitten
Grass Type: Midnight, Diva, Everglade KBG, plus Fiesta4 PR and Zodiac Fescue
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Some Experience

Serenade - Reapply after watering

Post by mitten » July 29th, 2017, 4:05 pm

How waterproof is Serenade? I put it down two days ago but I watered today. Should I reapply? I'm fighting rust. And I only starting using Serenade a month ago, so I was late to the biofunguscide party.

micvog
Grass Type: Mazama Monostand
Lawn Size: 1000-3000

Re: Serenade - Reapply after watering

Post by micvog » July 30th, 2017, 9:18 pm

I have been waiting for someone to reply to your question since I have been trying to keep a layer of Serenade on my lawn throughout the growing season while also experiencing frequent and heavy rainfall. Since no one has responded, I did some quick Google searches...

I haven't tried calling Bayer since it is the weekend, but their website mentioned not watering within 4 hours after application (https://www.bayeradvanced.com/serenadegarden, about half-way down).

MSU classifies Serenade as a "protectant" fungicide (http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/fungicide_ ... conditions) and offered this general advice for that class of fungicide:
I would suggest that a recently applied protectant fungicide should be re-applied if more than two inches or rain fell or after 1 inch of rain if the residue is seven days old or older. A little bit of rain is not all bad, as it can help to distribute the fungicide residue over the plant surface. Be sure that the fungicide has dried well before the rain, otherwise it will be lost immediately.
While not definitive, assuming you watered 1", and given that this is prime-fungal season, personally I would put down another app about 1 week after your last app.

mitten
Grass Type: Midnight, Diva, Everglade KBG, plus Fiesta4 PR and Zodiac Fescue
Lawn Size: 3000-5000

Re: Serenade - Reapply after watering

Post by mitten » July 31st, 2017, 12:32 am

Ah Google of course! Good info. Thanks! Sounds like I should be good for another week. Good thing since I left for vacation... The grass is going to be long when I return.