How soon can you seed after Dollar Spot

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Marinegrunt
Grass Type: TTTF + 10% KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Some Experience

How soon can you seed after Dollar Spot

Post by Marinegrunt » September 24th, 2017, 9:50 pm

I was going to ask in my reno thread but thought a new topic might help others in the future.

I'm getting hit pretty hard with Dollar Spot on my reno. Seed down was September 1st and germination was 8 says later. I noticed the first signs this past Thursday. I had applied Serenade a day or two before that because of high temperatures and humidity forecasted. On Friday I applied urea, watered that in, and then Propicazonole later in the day. I also stopped watering all together for now. We have 94° days forecasted through Tuesday and then back to the mid 70's. I'm still seeing the "cobwebs" so I know it's still spreading. It has been so humid I'm seeing dew form an hour or two after sundown. Part of the reason for the dollar spot was due to me over watering. I also didn't have grass for a year so I wonder if I lost most of my good bacteria. I'm really going to have to work on that before summer.

Anyways, how soon can you start seeding after Dollar Spot? Will it hurt the Seed? I figure the seed won't germinate for 8 days so, as long as it doesn't, I'd like to get some down on Wednesday when the temps are cooler and my new seed order will be here. Hopefully it'll be wrapping up by then anyways but I don't want to have more seed $$$ go down the drain but can hopefully thicken things up before we get some good frosts.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.