Screamin Green fertilizer

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
legacy2000
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Screamin Green fertilizer

Post by legacy2000 » August 15th, 2018, 5:44 pm

I purchased a 50lb bag Screamin Green (16-2-3) for only $25 since it appeared to be bargain when compared to Milorganite. Surprisingly, this item is rarely discussed/reviewed on this forum and I’m curious why. Overall it seems this product offers some good attributes including:
- 40% Quick Release Nutrients- for rapid green up
- 60% Slow Release and Organic Nutrients- for lasting results

Any thoughts?

rydaddy
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Experienced

Re: Screamin Green fertilizer

Post by rydaddy » August 15th, 2018, 6:49 pm

I've never heard of it. Could be it is not readily available. Sounds encouraging though.

seiyafan
Grass Type: Bewitched mono and TTTF/KBG mix

Post by seiyafan » August 15th, 2018, 8:18 pm

3% ammoniacal nitrogen, 10.6% urea, and 2.4% water insoluble nitrogen

TimmyG
Grass Type: Northern Mix

Post by TimmyG » August 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm

Few are going to provide thoughts unless you provide a link or product label.

gardenpants
Grass Type: Southern mix

Post by gardenpants » August 15th, 2018, 9:42 pm

It's a bridge product. Part organic, part synthetic, which is why it's cheaper per lb of N.

I'm guessing it's not talked about as much because it's not a big box product, unlike Milorganite. Maybe also people have a tendency to go one way or the other--either they're all organic, or completely ignore organics--and this doesn't sit neatly in one category.

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, and FF (various mixtures)
Lawn Size: 10000-20000

Post by Green » August 15th, 2018, 9:49 pm

I've used it for a few years and love the results...ever since I saw 50 lb bags for sale on a pallet outside of a local grocery store one year. I find it works great for use in September as a standard non aggressive Fall regimen fertilizer.

Word on the street is that the biosolid in it might be OceanGro. And it's roughly half a bag of it in each bag. In any case, I find using it a lot more convenient than putting down an organic and synthetic N at the same time.

I always just thought it was a no-name or generic product, so I had never bothered to mention it by name on here. I guess I was wrong!

But yeah, I've secretly been a major fan of it for a few years, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to try it.

TimmyG
Grass Type: Northern Mix

Post by TimmyG » August 15th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Green wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 9:49 pm
...so I had never bothered to mention it by name on here. I guess I was wrong!
Wrong again. ;)

Green

Post by Green » August 15th, 2018, 10:54 pm

TimmyG wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 10:31 pm
Green wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 9:49 pm
...so I had never bothered to mention it by name on here. I guess I was wrong!
Wrong again. ;)
New to SiteOne in my area. But shhh...don't tell them I got the last three bags at ValleyGreen for a lot less before my location switched to an actual generic that's similar. Speaking of which, I finally got SOP locally this Spring. One of the guys at you-know-where who works at several locations grabbed two bags for me from another location, because mine doesn't normally stock it. So the saga finally came to an end. I'm mentioning it because you keep teasing me about it and I wanted you to know I finally was successful getting SOP there. :razz: I know you were actually rooting for me all along despite the teasing, though!

But yes, to get back on topic, Screamin' Green is available at many SiteOne locations for 30-something bucks a bag. If anyone finds a less expensive source, don't hesitate to post.

ctrav
Grass Type: Bermuda tiff 419

Post by ctrav » August 17th, 2018, 12:39 am

My local site one carries it and I pay $22 per bag (veteran discount). My initial thought was its no better than my previous Lesco brand. So I called them up and we discussed my lawn and previous soil sample. Long story short they called the store and had a 3 bag credit put on my account. Super nice folks with great customer service! If you go to there site (https://www.claruschoice.com/clarus-pro ... -industry/) they will send you a free sample. Here is the product label since I have 3 more bags in my garage (SiteOne talked me into buying again before the rep called me).

Im just a retired homeowner but I have been going to SiteOne for 6 years so they gave me an account and now most of my neighbors go down and use my account to get the discounts. Im here on this site to get past the my yard looks ok/good stage and get healthy...

Hope this is not considered out of line as Im not trying to push the product just telling the whole story as I know it...

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Post by andy10917 » August 17th, 2018, 8:41 am

Hope this is not considered out of line as Im not trying to push the product just telling the whole story as I know it...
Not at all. After doing it for nearly a decade, it becomes second-nature to be able to tell who's participating in a conversation and who's hawking products. We screen them out when we're approving postings, and advise the hawkers of the ATY Forum rules.

Green

Post by Green » August 17th, 2018, 12:55 pm

A few years ago, I was looking for a late Summer/early Fall fertilizer that could also be used in Spring, that had "everything" in it, and part of the deal was I wanted SOP instead of MOP. I was thrilled when I first came across this stuff. I even bought a bag cut with Prodiamine at that grocery store. I still haven't finished that bag a few years later, and use it for Poa A prevention. SiteOne doesn't seem to sell that version here.

I think this is a great option for a single early app fertilizer. I've run it at 0.5 lb/K N rate prior to the aggressive N in past years, but I plan to run it at a full pound rate this year and not do aggressive N on the back, and see how it compares to the front on the aggressive N.

Green

Post by Green » August 17th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Also, SCU (sulfur coated urea) is preferable to PCU (polymer coated urea) for cool season grass because the N release is not as temperature dependent.